There are tons of other terms connected with racism that you should know. Here are a few of them:
- Extremism: Advocacy of extreme measures.
- Xenophobia: Defined as “an unreasonable fear or hatred of foreigners or strangers or of that which is foreign or strange”.
- Separatism: Separating a group based on religion, gender, race, culture or more from a larger group.
- Genocide: Mass murder based on racism or discrimination.
- Hate crimes: Violence against someone based on racism or discrimination.
- Segregation: The separation of people into racial groups in everyday life.
- Affirmative Action: Policies that take factors including “race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or national origin”into consideration in order to benefit an underrepresented group, usually as a means to counter the effects of a history of discrimination.
- Racial Profiling: Law enforcement using a person’s race or ethnicity as a key factor in deciding whether to enforce the law.