Adele Says Weight Shouldn’t Rule Your Life and We Agree. WDYT?

We love this gURL's confidence.

Adele is an amazing talent. So why must people focus on the way she looks rather than the way she sounds? We’re not sure, but fortunately for Adele, she has enough confidence to feel good about herself no matter what everyone else says.

When asked about her weight in a recent interview with British Vogue , Adele said, “I’ve seen people where it rules their lives, who want to be thinner or have bigger boobs, and how it wears them down. And I don’t want that in my life. I have insecurities, of course, but I don’t hang out with anyone who points them out to me.”

It’s not the first time Adele has talked about her body image. In an old Rolling Stone interview she once said, “My life is full of drama and I won’t have time to worry about something as petty as what I look like.”

WDYT, gURLs? Do you think Adele should be so carefree about her appearance? Do you ever feel the same way she does? Do you think she’s a good role model for healthy body image? Discuss below.

Posted in: Celebrity Quotes & News, Discuss, Health, Sex & Relationships, Your Body
Tags: , , , , ,

1. avatar Weekdy says:

Adele proved to me that not everyone in this world has to be a size 2 to make it into society. she is beautiful regardless, and even though i still have insecurities, Adele has helped me go on and not care what people think about my looks.

2. avatar Dani says:

Adele is so gorgeous and I admire her confidence so much! I think her message “I make music for the ears, not for the eyes” is so inspiring because I, myself is overweight and I wish I had as much self confidence as her! I FUCKING LOVE ADELE <3

3. avatar Gabbers says:

Adele is awesome. She’s an AMAZING singer and beautiful, too. She should NOT change one bit. :)

4. avatar Autumn says:

Adele….She is simply amazing!!! What a singer, what beautiful talent, what a lovely soul. She allows us as the listeners to grab a hold of our burried emotions, and sing out to those people that have hurt us and loved us. She is beautiful inside and out. Her looks, heart, and soul is all just pure beauty. She is so different then everything else hollywood and its a breath of fresh air!!!

5. avatar Serena says:

I admire Adele because firstly, she’s GORGEOUS! Her music is raw, you hear and feel her emotions flow, I wish I could have HALF her confidence, why should she change?

6. avatar Tay Tay says:

Adele is goregous!! I have loved her before she was mainstream….She is a beautiful women and very head strong. I know she won’t me influcened by the media to change her looks.

7. avatar Katherine says:

I think she’s a very good role model for teenagers, and other people as well. People always say I’m skinny but I don’t see it. I feel like im a giant. But I don’t want me thinking im fat to rule over. I gotta admit I love food and then I always feel like I shouldnt eat anything because I feel way too fat.. I want to be carefree about weight, and focus on the important stuff in life. Other than appearence.
    Adele is an amazing singer, and she should just show those snobs that she’s better than they think she is. That it’s not about the weight or anything. It’s about the inside.

• avatar Alisha says:

Ditto! Even I am referred to as thin and skinny, though I feel HUGE! And I love having food as well, particularly desserts! :D
      But anyway, I completely agree with Adele. Most girls spend half their lives worrying about their bods- and so missing loads of fun they COULD have had, and then spend the rest half regretting it! Great, isn’t it? Adele is a live example presenting us that it’s not about how we look, it’s about how we feel and are from the inside. YOU ROCK, ADELE!

8. avatar jess says:

I think Adele is amazing the way she is and a great role model for girls who are insecure about there weigh. As long as you are comfortable with the way you look then no one else should have the right to say anything every one is beautiful in there own way. Every one is different and look different,

9. avatar Madeline says:

I agree with Alice, and I totally think she’s gorgeous (and seems to be genuinely confident about herself), however…am I the only one annoyed that any FEMALE celebrity without an “ideal (model-thin)” body type is thrust into the spotlight as being “empowered,” “edgy,” “inspiring” whatever instead of treating everyone the same? Her weight shouldn’t even have been brought up because she is a musician. I could understand that kind of question say, to a model (plus-size or otherwise), but the question isn’t relevant, and in fact is a bit demeaning to beautiful and talented Adele.

10. avatar Mia says:

Adele is the weight of an average woman or less. I think she’s an amazing singer AND SHE’S PRETTY WITHOUT BEING SIZE 2! It’s stupid that we’re all expected to be tiny! The avrg. dress size in the U.S. is 16. Were not all made to fit into one shape or size. That’s one of the reasons why anorexia and bulimia exist; so we can be that size 2 even if our bodies aren’t meant to be.

11. avatar Alice says:

Thats just snobby, jealous idiots trying to make her feel bad so they can feel better. Adele is awesome and is way more down to earth than any of those skinny idiots, and anyway, she’s not exactly a whale! I mean, if she werent a celebrity no one would comment on her weight. People need to grow up and stop judging talented people by their appearance in general!