Discuss: Miley Gets Inked to Show Her Support for Marriage Equality. Would you?

Check out Miley's new tat.

Our gURL Miley  is no stranger to ink.

But her latest tattoo, an equal sign on the side of her ring finger, might have some special meaning for the singer.

People reports that Miley’s new ink, which she tweeted about on Friday with the caption “all love is equal”,  is Miley’s way of showing support for gay marriage and equal rights.

What do you gURLs think? Is this Miley’s way of showing support? And do you like that she made such a permanent statement about it? Do you have any ink that shows your support for a cause? Discuss!

Posted in: Being Yourself, Beliefs, Celebrity Quotes & News, Your Life
Tags: , , ,

1. avatarSreejith says:

So your saying pelpoe that are gay are not supposed to have the same rights as any other man/woman. Some of the best pelpoe in the world are gay. I am not religous. I understand all pelpoe have certain beleifs. But I think everyone deserves equality. There is no right or wrong.

2. avatarEmma says:

I support gay rights!(:
    I found out the other day that it wasn’t legal for gay marriage in Australia yet, and I was absolutely shocked its horrible :/ !
    i have gay friends and i believe they should be able to get married!

3. avatarariey says:

I think it was really cool of her to get this tattoo. I have a lot of family and friends who belong to the gay community and they would be so happy to see this and see that someone is supporting them. Good move on her part.

4. avatarLaura says:

i am not a huge fan of miley and i have never liked her but good decision on her part about this. i 100% agree that love is love and it’s the same in every orientation. good for her to for expressing her opinions and for showing that there is now wrong way to love!

5. avataranna says:

awesome. <3

6. avatarphoenix says:

i am pansexual, and to the people who have commented against it above, i completely despise you. what miley has done is amazing. she’s always supported and this is one thing i like that she’s done. i don’t get how it’s ‘against god’. you are supposedly not supposed to fear him, you religious people say that he’s caring, and loving to each individual, but when you see someone that is gay, it’s against him. please just go sit down somewhere.

7. avatarLarissa says:

I totally agree with you alli!

8. avatarMadelin says:

I think it was wrong of her to do this because of her fans and Christianity, Christians do not suppport gays it is against the word of GOD!

• avatarbrittany says:

Not everyone is Christian people. And so what if she is? She still can support gays. I think it’s great. Just because she is a celebrity doesn’t mean she shouldn’t be able to look how she wants or represent what she wants to.

• avatarCaitlyn says:

Wow idiot. The bible says everyone is equal and if there is a god if hes against them then he’s not worth worshipping

• avatarEmma says:

So your saying people that are gay are not supposed to have the same rights as any other man/woman. Some of the best people in the world are gay. I am not religous. I understand all people have certain beleifs. But I think everyone deserves equality. There is no right or wrong.

• avatarAlwaysTheSilverDoe says:

My best friend is gay, and he attends our church, our christian church, every Sunday, and Wednesday. So I don’t really understand, because they’re gay we are supposed to throw them out of church. Yeah, that’s what Jesus would do alright. No. The bible says EVERYBODY IS EQUAL, ALL SIN IS EQUAL, AND NOT TO JUDGE. You are judging, and acting as if you are better than gays, but you aren’t. You sin too. God doesn’t sit and think, oh, she’s better than her because she’s not gay. So.. I’m done with my rant.

9. avatarchloe says:

its quite clever actually, her body is like an advertisement, she gets photographed all he time! so loads of people will see her tattoo, she has gay friends and is showing her support to them.to be honest though its her body, if she wants a tattoo she shouldnt let the over protective mums of 9 year old kids who watch hannah montana decide for her. Shes an adult and i think she should have her decisions in life like everyone else… its we people my age do and its normal.

10. avatarKim says:

I am totally in support of same sex marriage rights, but I think a tattoo is kinda too permanent for this cause. I live in Canada where gay marriage was nationally legalized about 6 years ago, and I can see it’s slowly gaining momentum in the states. Perceptions and ideals will change, and I honestly believe that it will nationally be legalized in the states within the next decade at least. I’m just wondering how she will feel in 10 years about the tattoo. Yet kuddos for her sending out the love.

11. avatarJesse says:

I think it’s great that she is showing support for gay marriage. After all, all love is equal and it shouldn’t matter who it is between. However, I dont think this tattoo does anything…. Two little lines on her finger are supposed to mean she supports gay marriage? She’s never spoken out for gay marriage or tried to do anything else other than get an “equals sign” on her finger. An equals sign she could easily cover up and easily say has another purpose….I think if your going to support gay marriage you can do a better job then getting a tiny tattoo on your finger…but maybe thats just me….

12. avatarSarah says:

I don’t have a problem with Miley, not her getting this tattoo. But if you’re going to devote space on your body to a cause, why not devote some airspace or adspace to it too? Getting a tattoo won’t do anything. If anything, it comes off as her buying into what she sees as the latest trend. I’m not saying she doesn’t support gay rights, but if she’s going to get a tat about it, she should deign to speak out about it as well.

13. avatarMiley? says:

I really hope Miley can get her life together before she goes down a path of destruction. She’s gorgeous, and is a great actress. The drinking/drugs rumors are scaring me. I also heard that she is no longer speaking to her father. She’s too young for this. As far as for the tattoo, It could mean something to her, or she could be attempting to get more attention. Her efforts will definitely be considered by the LGBT community. It takes more than a tattoo though. I want to see her clean.

• avatarSantia says:

I Agree Shes Not Doin The Right Thing She Has Fans Younger Than Ten Looking Up To Her And Shes Leading Them In The Wrong Direction

• avatarjessa says:

leading them in the wrong direction is equal to showing support for equal love? oh i sure hope that you don’t have young ones that look up to you. nobody wants more homophobic, prejudicial kids running around.

• avatarCheyenne says:

What do you mean not doing the right thing!? She is supporting Gays. Are you agasint love?

• avatarbrittany says:

Equal love is the wrong direction? No, I think homophobes who take advantage of the right to love but take it away from others is the wrong way to go.

• avatarRazak says:

EVERYBODY IS EQUAL, ALL SIN IS EQUAL, AND NOT TO JUDGE. You are judging, and acntig as if you are better than gays, but you aren’t. You sin too. God doesn’t sit and think, oh, she’s better than her because she’s not gay. So.. I’m done with my rant.

• avatarAlyssa says:

You’re definitely right <3 Couldn't agree with you more on that one.

14. avatarRomanique says:

this is really god of her because so many of us struggle with our sexuality its good to see her stand up for her beliefs

15. avatarjessica says:

I like miley but if your going to show PRIDE it should be a little better also some where people can see it would probably have a better impact on her fans.

16. avatarTaylor says:

I think this is awesome! So many people pick on Miley for so much, she is a good person, I have been a fan forever, hahaha. :D

• avatarAhmet says:

So your saying pepole that are gay are not supposed to have the same rights as any other man/woman. Some of the best pepole in the world are gay. I am not religous. I understand all pepole have certain beleifs. But I think everyone deserves equality. There is no right or wrong.

17. avatarAlli says:

for once, i think i love something miley has done! as a girl struggling with her bisexuality and as a fan of her younger years, i’m happy that she’s finally leveled off and done something bold, but useful. as for the permanence of it, people get tatooed every day for dumb reasons, and i think it’s great that she did it for something she believes in!