Abstinence

Sexual abstinence is the avoidance of sexual activity. People use the term abstinence in different ways. For some, it means avoiding only sexual (vaginal, anal or oral) intercourse. For others, it means avoiding all kinds of sexual activity (usually until marriage), which may be rooted in religious or moral beliefs.

Posted in: Fast Facts, Health Facts, Sex Facts, Sexual Health Facts, Sexuality Facts, Virginity
Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

1. avatarEmily says:

I’m going to wait until i meet someone i love and who loves me even if we aren’t married.

2. avatarTheMusicNerd says:

I’m seventeen and I’m a proud holder of my V-card. I find that honestly, I have so much less drama in my life than my friends that are sexually active. (I’m suggesting that all relationships are that way, just theirs) I do want to wait until I’m married, I just feel like it’ll be way more special then, but I WILL, with out a doubt, wait until I’m done with any schooling. Partly the reason I feel this way is because I am religious and I do have very high morals and standards that I hold myself to, but the other reason is that I don’t want things to be complicated and I don’t want to take the risk.
    Now with that being said, I also don’t judge girls who do lose their virginity at a younger age than I want to. It’s a personal thing and we are all ready at different times.

• avatarCharan says:

well i can’t say i know a lot about anal sex. but i do know any kinda sex you have you should alawys wear a condom even if the sperms not going to fertilize the egg you should wear a condom.

3. avatarAmanda says:

I’m 14 going on 15 and I’m a virgin. I want to wait until marriage…is that a bad thing?

• avatarJacklyn says:

I’m 17 and still a virgin so no it’s not a bad thing…..no matter what anyone says sex is not all it’s cracked up to be. I know how it feels when you think everyone around you is doing it but the truth is if you believe in yourself and you know you want to wait then wait. There will be a guy for you out there somewhere but you do have your whole life to look forward to. I’ve been in situations where my boyfriend (now ex-boyfriend) wanted to have sex and he would’nt stop asking me, then one day i realized if he loved me he would keep asking me to do something I don’t want to do…I broke up with him and now I’m dating a wonderful guy I olan to marry if we are still together. Just wait girl.

• avatarMaria says:

No! not at all, you’ll find that by taking the pure route you’ll have less drama in your life and you get to focus on what you want to do and become! Waiting until marriage is a beautiful thing and you should be proud to one day say that you did (: and if you didn’t, who cares? it’s never to late to start practicing abstinence :)

4. avatarCarla says:

If they took each other’s virginity and nheiter have slept with anyone else then HIV was contracted in some other way by one partner by IV drug use or some other obscure way. Blood transfusions were once a cause, but now blood is checked and that is extremely rare. Of course one partner could be lying about their virginity and monogamy. Of course if one had HIV he or she could give it to their partner by having unprotected sex. The odds of this ever happening are extremely slim. Most states require a blood test for HIV if the couple applies for a marriage license.

5. avatarMissfiction says:

im 14 and im never gunna have sex until i marry but what if the guy im marrying has already done it? i want it to be special but what if im just so in love with him?

6. avatarStacy says:

What if, you really want to lose your virginity, but your boyfriend, whom you love and respect, wants to be abstinent? I am willing to wait for him but this is hard…or what if all of the sudden he changes his mind and wants to?

7. avatarBuBbElZ says:

Why do guys care if you’re a virgin or not?

8. avatarBritnyNikol says:

I have no problem with abstinence I use to tell everyone that I would be an unkissed girl till I was 28. lol but when I was 15, I had my first kissed and suddenly I wasn’t a virgin anymore it was one of the sweetest moments I will never forget. I use to be really close to one of my teachers and she said that her mother always told her theres nothing wrong with sex before your married its just called practice. Plus it makes it so you know what to do and how it might be awkward or how you do your part or what you can do to make it better. I’m 18 and I dont regret anything I have ever done but when I’m married I want to wow my husband and plus I never want him to be bored with me.
    Hope I helped someone.<3

9. avatarYaya says:

ok so I want to wait until marriage to have sex but I’m a little concerned because of the bleeding and blood is sticky and i heard a lot comes out and what if it just ruins the moment ‘cuz blood is gonna be all over the sheets and I want my first night with my husband to be special and the whole blood thing disturbs me. Can anyone help me on this?

• avatarMiss_Jei says:

I am so glad to hear that you want to wait until marriage. You will be happy if you do decide to wait until marriage. Speaking from experience: I don’t believe you need to worry about “a lot” of blood coming out. While everyone is different, it’s usually just a little spotting. If he’s your husband & he knows it’s your first time, just ask him to be gentle & take his time until you’re comfortable. If your husband is gentle & takes his time there will not be a ruined moment because of blood. I think the stories you’ve heard were a little exaggerated. Yes, in the old testament they used to bring the sheets out, but I’ve never heard that it was “saturated” with blood. I believe it was just a little spotting:)

10. avatardi'andra says:

what if you really love the person and you are both ready for it but your both very religious? engaged but not married?

• avataradri says:

if you are both very religious, then you’ll see the need to wait until you both are officially married. engaging in that kind of activity is more than just that, an activity, its a special time for you and the one you love to become closer than any other way you could become close. Both of you will cherish and love each other more, by waiting until you’re married. just think by waiting until your wedding night, you”ll enjoy and treasure the evening more because both of you were patient enough to wait and as a result, your love will grow deeper:)

11. avatarKatie Jones says:

“Abstinence isn’t always easy or practical, and sometimes people change their minds about it. For this reason, it is crucial to know about other birth control methods and to understand risky behavior.”

Can someone PLEASE give me a GOOD and LEGITIMATE example to where abstinence would NOT be practical? Sure it’s not easy, but .. seriously .. when would it be impractical.

12. avatarPris says:

whats the difference between abstinancd and celibacy

• avatarKatie Jones says:

Celibacy is sexual abstinence by religious vow. For example, priests make vows of celibacy.

If you have any other questions, you can ask me. (:

13. avatarJay says:

I told my boyfriend that we aren’t gonna have sex till were married and he respects that even though he would still be happy if I changed my mind.