In one of sweetest stories we’ve read in a while, Shane Nickerson wrote a piece on HelloGiggles all about his son’s love of princess dresses.
Writes this very loving dad, “He loves wearing dresses, and that’s awesome. I hope that goes without saying, but of course it doesn’t bother me in the least that my three year old son loves to dress up in his sister’s princess clothes.”
His story is pretty touching, and we can only imagine how many people judge him. Our question for you: Would you let your son wear dresses if he wanted to? How would you deal with haters? Did you ever want to wear clothes or play with toys that girls aren’t “supposed” to play with? Discuss!
more ways to get gURLy:
- Pearls of wisdom, survey q’s, polls, quotes to live by — it’s all on gURL.com’s Twitter. Follow us!
- Luv gURL? Then ‘Like’ us, too! Let’s be friends on Facebook and you’ll get first looks at stories!
- Can’t get enough of gURL.com? We don’t blame you. Sign up for our weekly newsletter!
- Let’s talk. Shout Out advice, music, politics, poetry, your style and MORE!
- Your hook on hooking up: gURL’s sex, health & relationships blog.
- Need some advice, quick? Ask Heather anything; she answers three q’s, daily!
- Bored? Take new quizzes and play gURL games!