I have had several crying sprees over the last few weeks. I feel moody and irritable ALL the time, I don’t think any of my friends like me and I hate the way I look. I think I’m getting paranoid too as I believe that some of my friends are trying to replace me as my BFF’s. Am I suffering from depression, or is this just normal???
gURLs — to feel pretty lousy about themselves once in a while. While it’s possible that you might be legitimately depressed, I don’t want you to jump to that conclusion right away, because depression is a serious mental illness and shouldn’t be taken lightly.
Have you ever felt like this before, or has it just been happening lately? If you’ve been in this funk off and on for the last few weeks, then it could just be mood swings or
stress. It sounds like your confidence has been pretty low, which can definitely make you feel badly about everything in your life. Like I told this gURL, try surrounding yourself with people you feel comfortable with, and doing things that always make you happy.
If nothing has made you smile lately, then you should consider talking to your parents or a school counselor. There are a lot of ways to treat depression and manage stress.
Just talking to people about your problems might make you feel better.
Keep in mind that a lot of people go through these feelings every day, and that you’re not alone.
Stay strong and try to focus on the positive things in your life. Let me know if you need any more help, okay?
What about you, gURLs? Have you ever struggled with sucky emotions? What did you do? Share your tips and advice below.
What’s on your mind? Heather can help! Send her your question at firstname.lastname@example.org.
more ways to get gURLy:
- Pearls of wisdom, survey q’s, polls, quotes to live by — it’s all on gURL.com’s Twitter. Follow us!
- Luv gURL? Then ‘Like’ us, too! Let’s be friends on Facebook and you’ll get first looks at stories!
- Can’t get enough of gURL.com? We don’t blame you. Sign up for our weekly newsletter!
- Let’s talk. Shout Out advice, music, politics, poetry, your style and MORE!
- Your hook on hooking up: gURL’s sex, health & relationships blog.
- Need some advice, quick? Ask Heather anything; she answers three q’s, daily!
- Bored? Take new quizzes and play gURL games