Right now, the New York State Senate is voting on whether marriage equality (aka same-sex marriage) should be legalized. The bill could be passed as early as this week, and New Yorkers of all kinds — gay, straight, famous or not — are joining together to make sure their message is heard.
Check out what New Yorkers for Marriage Equality has put together with the Human Right Campaign:
What do you think, gURLs? Should gay marriage be legalized? Why are you for or against it? Discuss below.
more ways to get gURLy:
- Pearls of wisdom, survey q’s, polls, quotes to live by — it’s all on gURL.com’s Twitter. Follow us!
- Luv gURL? Then ‘Like’ us, too! Let’s be friends on Facebook and you’ll get first looks at stories!
- Can’t get enough of gURL.com? We don’t blame you. Sign up for our weekly newsletter!
- Let’s talk. Shout Out advice, music, politics, poetry, your style and MORE!
- Your hook on hooking up: gURL’s sex, health & relationships blog.
- Need some advice, quick? Ask Heather anything; she answers three q’s, daily!
- Bored? Take new quizzes and play gURL games!