After her attempted suicide, we can’t say we’re very surprised to hear that Teen Mom star Amber Portwood is going to rehab. But we are really relieved to hear that the reality star is getting herself help and not ignoring her problems.
Teen.com reports that Amber has commented on the situation saying, “I am going to rehab for anger control issues and depression. I’m on medication at the moment and to just help me relax. I’m in a vulnerable state right now and I know people want a lot of answers.”
Amber appeared to attempt suicide a few weeks ago when two cops found her unconscious in her house with a rope loosely tied around her neck. She’s been in a stable condition since then, and hopefully rehab will be the best thing for her. We hope she gets better and comes out stronger (a la Demi Lovato), for herself and baby Leah.
Got any words of support for Amber and gURLs in her position? Have you been there? Talk about it below.
more ways to get gURLy:
- Pearls of wisdom, survey q’s, polls, quotes to live by — it’s all on gURL.com’s Twitter. Follow us!
- Luv gURL? Then ‘Like’ us, too! Let’s be friends on Facebook and you’ll get first looks at stories!
- Can’t get enough of gURL.com? We don’t blame you. Sign up for our weekly newsletter!
- Let’s talk. Shout Out advice, music, politics, poetry, your style and MORE!
- Your hook on hooking up: gURL’s sex, health & relationships blog.
- Need some advice, quick? Ask Heather anything; she answers three q’s, daily!
- Bored? Take new quizzes and play gURL games