I’m 13 and I’m gonna be 14 soon but sometimes I feel I just wanna be a kid not a “teen”. Is it wrong?
What you’re feeling is is totally normal because
A lot of gURLs feel like once they hit their teen years, they need to start acting like adults right away. Really, there’s no reason to rush the process. While you do start having more responsibilities now that you’re older (like taking school a lot more seriously), it’s totally natural and acceptable to still want to feel like a kid. After all, you have your whole life to act like an adult.
As fun as being a kid is, keep in mind that growing up can be pretty great also. As you get older, you’ll have a lot more freedom to do the things that you want. Not only will you be able to make your own decisions, but you’ll get to do a lot of other fun and silly stuff, like watching R-rated movies or getting a later curfew. It may seem overwhelming, but take it one day at a time and just let things happen in a way that feels
natural for you.
WDYT, gURLs? Do you ever get scared of growing up? Do you still act like a little kid sometimes? Share your stories and advice below.
What’s on your mind? Heather can help! Send her your question at firstname.lastname@example.org.
more ways to get gURLy:
- Pearls of wisdom, survey q’s, polls, quotes to live by — it’s all on gURL.com’s Twitter. Follow us!
- Luv gURL? Then ‘Like’ us, too! Let’s be friends on Facebook and you’ll get first looks at stories!
- Can’t get enough of gURL.com? We don’t blame you. Sign up for our weekly newsletter!
- Let’s talk. Shout Out advice, music, politics, poetry, your style and MORE!
- Your hook on hooking up: gURL’s sex, health & relationships blog.
- Need some advice, quick? Ask Heather anything; she answers three q’s, daily!
- Bored? Take new quizzes and play gURL games