I have been avoiding letting guys see me “down under” because I’m not sure how guys like it being taken care of down there. I’ve heard that guys hate bushes of pubic hair, but is it too porn-ish to take all the hair off? What do guys like? What do other girls do? I don’t have girlfriends to ask what they do so I could really use advise so I don’t scare off a guy by having too much or too little hair down there!
How you want to deal with your hair down there is totally up to you. There is no “right” way to be when it comes to styling your pubic hair. Keep in mind that most gURLs are self-conscious about how they look down there, so you don’t have to feel alone.
It’s impossible to know exactly how guys like a gURL to look down there, because every guy has a different opinion. It’s true that some guys perfer gURLs to be clean-shaven, but just as many guys don’t mind a little or even a lot of hair on your vulva. If you’re really ready to let a guy see this part of you, then you should feel comfortable enough with him to talk about what he likes. But what it really comes down to is what will make you feel the most comfortable.
Plenty of gURLs shave their pubic hair off, so if you want to, it’s totally normal and not at all “porn-ish”. If you want to do that, be aware that it’s a sensitive area — like I told this gURL: use a bikini-specific shave gel and a clean razor, go slowly and just be careful. If you don’t want to shave, that’s completely fine also, and you can just use a tweezer to trim a little down there once in a while if you want.
Remember that it’s your body and you need to do what makes you the most comfortable — not just what you think will make a guy happy.
WDYT, gURLs? Do you ever worry about what you look like down there?
Do you shave your pubic hair? Share your stories and advice below.
What’s on your mind? Heather can help! Send her your question at email@example.com.
more ways to get gURLy:
- Pearls of wisdom, survey q’s, polls, quotes to live by — it’s all on gURL.com’s Twitter. Follow us!
- Luv gURL? Then ‘Like’ us, too! Let’s be friends on Facebook and you’ll get first looks at stories!
- Can’t get enough of gURL.com? We don’t blame you. Sign up for our weekly newsletter!
- Let’s talk. Shout Out advice, music, politics, poetry, your style and MORE!
- Your hook on hooking up: gURL’s sex, health & relationships blog.
- Need some advice, quick? Ask Heather anything; she answers three q’s, daily!
- Bored? Take new quizzes and play gURL games