It’s no surprise that Rihanna‘s new video for “Man Down” is causing lots of drama; In the first minute of the video, the gURL shoots a guy in the back of his head! “Man Down” also shows the guy physically and sexually assaulting RiRi earlier on in the vid.
According to MTV, The Parents Television Council and a few other groups aren’t too thrilled with the concept, and say it’s a way of encouraging gURLs to turn to violence. Rihanna has written about it on her Twitter a lot, saying the video has “a very strong underlying message 4 girls like me.”
Check out the video and decide for yourself:
more ways to get gURLy:
- Pearls of wisdom, survey q’s, polls, quotes to live by — it’s all on gURL.com’s Twitter. Follow us!
- Luv gURL? Then ‘Like’ us, too! Let’s be friends on Facebook and you’ll get first looks at stories!
- Can’t get enough of gURL.com? We don’t blame you. Sign up for our weekly newsletter!
- Let’s talk. Shout Out advice, music, politics, poetry, your style and MORE!
- Your hook on hooking up: gURL’s sex, health & relationships blog.
- Need some advice, quick? Ask Heather anything; she answers three q’s, daily!
- Bored? Take new quizzes and play gURL games