Okay, so, I got my first period today, and I have to go to school tomorrow. Well, I have a condition, and that condition is Super Embarrassment Syndrome. What am I going to do? I’ll die of embarrassment having to carry a pad around between classes. I mean, I know I go to a girls-only school and all, but still….WHAT AM I GONNA DO?!?!?!
Getting your period is a natural, normal part of being a gURL. It just means you’re growing up, and that’s a good thing! I can totally understand not wanting to announce the news to everyone, but you don’t have to feel embarrassed about carrying a pad around.
In fact, I’m sure that lots of your classmates (considering they’re all gURLs) have already gotten their periods, and you don’t even know about it. They might even be feeling the same embarrassment you are and they’re just being discreet about it, which you can do also.
Put your pad in a pocket of your backpack where you don’t keep anything else — that way you don’t have to worry about it accidentally falling out. Or, you can carry it around in a small purse or pouch so that you can easily take that to the bathroom with you.
And check out these first period stories from other gURLs to get some tips and see how so not alone you are in all of this period embarrassment. You can also check out our in-depth guide to getting your period, Menstruation 101!
WDYT, gURLs? How do you deal with having your period at school? Got any good tips? Share your stories and advice below.
What’s on your mind? Heather can help! Send her your question at email@example.com.
more ways to get gURLy:
- Pearls of wisdom, survey q’s, polls, quotes to live by — it’s all on gURL.com’s Twitter. Follow us!
- Luv gURL? Then ‘Like’ us, too! Let’s be friends on Facebook and you’ll get first looks at stories!
- Can’t get enough of gURL.com? We don’t blame you. Sign up for our weekly newsletter!
- Let’s talk. Shout Out advice, music, politics, poetry, your style and MORE!
- Your hook on hooking up: gURL’s sex, health & relationships blog.
- Need some advice, quick? Ask Heather anything; she answers three q’s, daily!
- Bored? Take new quizzes and play gURL games