I really like this guy and I think he might like me too, but he’s dating a girl who has a reputation of being kinda slutty (we are both 13). I don’t think he’ll ever ask me out because I’m not that kinda girl. What do I do??????????
I know how much it sucks to see the guy you like be with another gURL, especially when that gURL is really different than you. It can make you feel he’ll never ask you out because you aren’t like her. But if a guy is really into you, he’ll like you for you. Try to beat the pressure to hook up just to get him to like you — that’s not all a guy looks for in a gURL, you know!
However, even if you think this guy has feelings for you, the fact is, he already has a girlfriend. I know it feels really unfair to you that he’s with someone else, but it would also be unfair to her if you tried to steal him away. Regardless of how much you’re into him, he’s unavailable right now and liking this guy while he has a GF is only going to hurt you in the end.
And no matter how badly this situation makes you feel, calling another gURL a slut isn’t going to help the situation. Don’t believe all of the rumors you hear, especially if you don’t know her that well. There’s no reason gURLs should feel bad for hooking up if that’s what they feel comfortable doing — it’s something that lots of people do, and no one should be called names for doing it.
Let me know how it goes, okay?
WDYT she should do, gURLs? Have you ever had a crush on someone in a relationship? Did you ever feel pressure to change for someone else? Share your stories and advice below.
What’s on your mind? Heather can help! Send her your question at email@example.com.
more ways to get gURLy:
- Pearls of wisdom, survey q’s, polls, quotes to live by — it’s all on gURL.com’s Twitter. Follow us!
- Luv gURL? Then ‘Like’ us, too! Let’s be friends on Facebook and you’ll get first looks at stories!
- Can’t get enough of gURL.com? We don’t blame you. Sign up for our weekly newsletter!
- Let’s talk. Shout Out advice, music, politics, poetry, your style and MORE!
- Your hook on hooking up: gURL’s sex, health & relationships blog.
- Need some advice, quick? Ask Heather anything; she answers three q’s, daily!
- Bored? Take new quizzes and play gURL games