I’m sure more than a few of you are still on the fence—and some of you are even offended by me saying that no, you can’t really eat meat and care about animals—but the point I’m trying to get across is that we are all powerful. Every gURL has choices to make in her life, and you can either choose to live compassionately, or support an industry no one really agrees with.
I once ate meat, wore leather, bought dogs from breeders, and used products that were tested on animals; I once argued that we were on the “top of the food chain” and that animals on factory farms “were treated well” … but then I learned. It’s OK to admit your mistakes—all gURLs have them, but now that you know how animals are treated on factory farms before they make it to your plate, you have a choice.
I feel good every day knowing that I’m living by my values. I consider myself a caring, compassionate, understanding person. The meat, dairy, egg, animal testing, circus, and other industries that exploit animals are against those values. They go against everything I hold dear—and I think everything most of you value as well. As gURLs, we should stand up and fight for what we know is right, and against things we know are wrong—no matter how unpopular it may be.
more ways to get gURLy:
- Pearls of wisdom, survey q’s, polls, quotes to live by — it’s all on gURL.com’s Twitter. Follow us!
- Luv gURL? Then ‘Like’ us, too! Let’s be friends on Facebook and you’ll get first looks at stories!
- Can’t get enough of gURL.com? We don’t blame you. Sign up for our weekly newsletter!
- Let’s talk. Shout Out advice, music, politics, poetry, your style and MORE!
- Your hook on hooking up: gURL’s sex, health & relationships blog.
- Need some advice, quick? Ask Heather anything; she answers three q’s, daily!
- Bored? Take new quizzes and play gURL games!