Henry here, answering questions for you that only a guy can. Today, Allison wants to know:
I recently turned 17 and all of a sudden, out of nowhere, I’ve been having a lot of problems with acne! My mom keeps telling me it will eventually go away with age, but I can’t wait around forever, especially because there’s this guy I’ve been talking to and I really want him to ask me to prom! So I guess my question is…would you or any other guy ever ask a girl out if she had acne???
As a guy who struggled with acne, I can really relate to how much it sucks. But first thing’s first: Mom is right that acne might eventually go away with age, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t something you can do about it. I really rely on ZAPZYT‘s acne fighting products, like their Acne Treatment Gel and Acne Wash. (And yes ladies, guys really do use face washes even if they say they don’t.)
Now for that guy you want to ask you to prom… Chances are, if you’re already talking to this guy, he’s interested in you, acne or not. I know guys can come off a little shallow sometimes when it comes to a girl’s looks, but if we’re really interested, stupid stuff like acne (or the clothes you wear, etc.) doesn’t even come into play.
I’d say do your best to clear up the acne, but don’t let it consume your life. Prom is supposed to be fun (for girls, anyway), and if you really want to go with this guy, why not just ask him? Maybe he thinks he’ll look silly in a tux or has a zit too and is nervous about asking you to prom. In fact, guys normally do this kind of stuff last minute, or they secretly wait until you confront them about it. Either way, you’ll never know unless you try.
Have a question for me that needs a male P.O.V.? Post it below.
Deuces until next time,
more ways to get gURLy:
- Pearls of wisdom, survey q’s, polls, quotes to live by — it’s all on gURL.com’s Twitter. Follow us!
- Luv gURL? Then ‘Like’ us, too! Let’s be friends on Facebook and you’ll get first looks at stories!
- Can’t get enough of gURL.com? We don’t blame you. Sign up for our weekly newsletter!
- Let’s talk. Shout Out advice, music, politics, poetry, your style and MORE!
- Your hook on hooking up: gURL’s sex, health & relationships blog.
- Need some advice, quick? Ask Heather anything; she answers three q’s, daily!
- Bored? Take new quizzes and play gURL games!