Hey! Rachel again, here to answer all of your questions about animal rights! A few weeks ago you submitted questions to gURL.com about veganism, PETA, and more! I’m answering them this week. Check it out!
Do chickens really know that they’re living in “harsh conditions”?
If you were taken from your mom when you were just a little kid, had your nose cut off without any painkillers, and were thrown into a dark, tiny room with six other girls (who you didn’t know and didn’t necessarily like), and kept there for your whole life, would you know? Imagine living in the same room day after day, being forced to go to the bathroom right where you (try to) sleep, standing in other people’s waste, and not even being able to lie down or stretch your arms… until you’re grabbed out of the room, packed into a truck with all of those other girls (and hundreds more), and sent to be killed. Seriously.
Some people claim that animals never know how awful they’re being treated, but think about that—could that really be true? Think about it this way: Children who are born into poverty and never know a running water faucet… do they never desire clean water? Of course they do! Even animals who have been on factory farms their entire lives don’t enjoy being abused, neglected, denied veterinary care, food and water, and affection. No one does.
How do you feel, gURLs? Do you agree or disagree? Share your thoughts in the comments below, and keep your questions comin’! See you soon!
more ways to get gURLy:
- Pearls of wisdom, survey q’s, polls, quotes to live by — it’s all on gURL.com’s Twitter. Follow us!
- Luv gURL? Then ‘Like’ us, too! Let’s be friends on Facebook and you’ll get first looks at stories!
- Can’t get enough of gURL.com? We don’t blame you. Sign up for our weekly newsletter!
- Let’s talk. Shout Out advice, music, politics, poetry, your style and MORE!
- Your hook on hooking up: gURL’s sex, health & relationships blog.
- Need some advice, quick? Ask Heather anything; she answers three q’s, daily!
- Bored? Take new quizzes and play gURL games!