Hey! Rachel again, here to answer all of your questions about animal rights! A few weeks ago you submitted questions to gURL.com about veganism, PETA, and more! I’m answering them this week. Check it out!
Why is PETA so extreme in their campaigns?
We wish our ads could just contain the facts. We wish we could show everyone a photo of a chicken on a factory farm–her wings broken and her beak seared off–and tell people they could help by simply not eating meat, but unfortunately, ads like that don’t always work.
We all know that sex sells, that edgy and quirky things get attention–so PETA works to do things that are compelling, even if a little risqué or controversial. If you think PETA is extreme, you should watch this video of animals literally being skinned alive for someone to wear a fur coat. Is PETA really extreme for trying to tell people about how they can stop this?
What do you think, gURLs? Share your thoughts in the comments below, and keep your questions comin’! See you soon!
more ways to get gURLy:
- Pearls of wisdom, survey q’s, polls, quotes to live by — it’s all on gURL.com’s Twitter. Follow us!
- Luv gURL? Then ‘Like’ us, too! Let’s be friends on Facebook and you’ll get first looks at stories!
- Can’t get enough of gURL.com? We don’t blame you. Sign up for our weekly newsletter!
- Let’s talk. Shout Out advice, music, politics, poetry, your style and MORE!
- Your hook on hooking up: gURL’s sex, health & relationships blog.
- Need some advice, quick? Ask Heather anything; she answers three q’s, daily!
- Bored? Take new quizzes and play gURL games!