You hear a lot about people getting poked, friended, and annoyed by Facebook stalkers… but what happens when you’re the one doing the creeping? Find out how this gURL became the kind of friend request she hates:
“About 4 or 5 months ago I sent a friend request to a guy over Facebook. I was in high hopes of him adding me and us getting to know each other. He ignored my request and told me that he would only add me if we got to know each other more. I understood and tried my best (to only fail) at getting to know him more.
Today I decided I would look at his profile. I sent another request thinking that maybe he had noticed me around our school and he would think I seemed nice. He ignored it once again and sent me a message telling me to leave him alone until we talked in person. It was a very rude email, by the way.
I feel so embarrassed and stupid that I tried to send him another request and I bet he thinks I am a stalker! I have no idea what I should do because I know I should have just left it at one request. I feel like I have to hide! What should I do?”
What should this gURL do now? Have you ever been a Facebook stalker? How’d you get back your rep? And, want to share your own Confession? Send it in to firstname.lastname@example.org!
more ways to get gURLy:
- Pearls of wisdom, survey q’s, polls, quotes to live by — it’s all on gURL.com’s Twitter. Follow us!
- Luv gURL? Then ‘Like’ us, too! Let’s be friends on Facebook and you’ll get first looks at stories!
- Can’t get enough of gURL.com? We don’t blame you. Sign up for our weekly newsletter!
- Let’s talk. Shout Out advice, music, politics, poetry, your style and MORE!
- Your hook on hooking up: gURL’s sex, health & relationships blog.
- Need some advice, quick? Ask Heather anything; she answers three q’s, daily!
- Bored? Take new quizzes and play gURL games!