Not gonna lie: When our gURL Pia Toscano was eliminated from American Idol, we were seriously shocked. Luckily, we were able to chat with Pia about her experience on the show and get a peace of mind about saying goodbye.
Says Pia, “If you make a mistake, it’s just helping you grow. You learn from those mistakes, so I wouldn’t change a thing. I truly agree with everything that the judges said to me–all their constructive criticism. I’ve tried to work on my weaknesses, and I will continue to do so.”
She also added, “I had so much fun. I know I have to just get more comfortable on stage. I am a little shy sometimes, and I do get a little bit of stage fright.”
As for who will win, the gURL’s not ready to name names: “It’s anybody’s game right now. I feel like every single one of the contestants are like extremely strong. They all have their own unique quality about them that makes them special. So I definitely–you really don’t know. I could never say for sure if a girl’s going to win or a guy’s going to win, but I know each and every one the contestants that are in it right now deserve to be there.”
Are you upset about Pia’s elimination? Are you psyched for her debut album? And who are you rooting for on Idol now? Discuss below!
more ways to get gURLy:
- Pearls of wisdom, survey q’s, polls, quotes to live by — it’s all on gURL.com’s Twitter. Follow us!
- Luv gURL? Then ‘Like’ us, too! Let’s be friends on Facebook and you’ll get first looks at stories!
- Can’t get enough of gURL.com? We don’t blame you. Sign up for our weekly newsletter!
- Let’s talk. Shout Out advice, music, politics, poetry, your style and MORE!
- Your hook on hooking up: gURL’s sex, health & relationships blog.
- Need some advice, quick? Ask Heather anything; she answers three q’s, daily!
- Bored? Take new quizzes and play gURL games!