How do you “hump” something? It’s been mentioned a few times, but I don’t know what it means.
Hump is a slang word unless you’re talking about a hunch on a person or animal’s back, but when people say “hump”, they usually mean something else — usually one of a few things. It totally makes sense that you’d be confused about what it really means.
Sometimes it’s just the motion of thrusting your genitals onto another person or a thing (like a table, for example). It can refer to the act of sexual intercourse in general. Other times, it’s how people describe having sex with your clothes on — aka dry humping.
Thanks for your question, and let me know if I can help with anything else!
What about you, gURLs? Do you have a different definition of humping? Are any of you majorly confused about a certain sex term? Share your thoughts and advice below!
What’s on your mind? Heather can help! Send her your question at email@example.com.
more ways to get gURLy:
- Pearls of wisdom, survey q’s, polls, quotes to live by — it’s all on gURL.com’s Twitter. Follow us!
- Luv gURL? Then ‘Like’ us, too! Let’s be friends on Facebook and you’ll get first looks at stories!
- Can’t get enough of gURL.com? We don’t blame you. Sign up for our weekly newsletter!
- Let’s talk. Shout Out advice, music, politics, poetry, your style and MORE!
- Your hook on hooking up: gURL’s sex, health & relationships blog.
- Need some advice, quick? Ask Heather anything; she answers three q’s, daily!
- Bored? Take new quizzes and play gURL games!