First periods can be scary, but this gURL wrote in to tell us it was the freakiest thing that ever happened to her! What would you do? Read on!
“Well, it’s kind of funny how I got it. I was with my cousin. She was 15 and I was 9… yeah hard to believe — 9! It was like 1 a.m. and we were both on the Internet looking for things to do while there was a party outside for my other cousin’s birthday.
Suddenly I had to go to the bathroom and I saw myself covered with LOTS of blood. I actually thought I was dying of cancer (yeah, there was some craziness) and I yelled like crazy: “AANDYYY! HELPP THERE’S BLOOD EVERY WHERE DOWN THERE, OH HELP!” And she said” WTF?! OMG YOU’RE A WOMAN! CONGRATS!” I was still in shock. And then she called my mother, and my mom didn’t believe me. But I didn’t really care.
Then my cousin gave me a pad. I didn’t actually know what it was or how to put it on, so she gave me instructions. I got out of the bathroom freaked out like hell and started crying, so she sang to me! She doesn’t sing very well so I started to laugh harder than ever and then cried again.
It was, is, and will continue to be the weirdest thing ever! Now I have grown and I know what everything is thanks to her and gURL.com so… I’m okay.”
Do you have a first period story to share? Go on, Send it on in to email@example.com. Or, share it in the comments below!
more ways to get gURLy:
- Pearls of wisdom, survey q’s, polls, quotes to live by — it’s all on gURL.com’s Twitter. Follow us!
- Luv gURL? Then ‘Like’ us, too! Let’s be friends on Facebook and you’ll get first looks at stories!
- Can’t get enough of gURL.com? We don’t blame you. Sign up for our weekly newsletter!
- Let’s talk. Shout Out advice, music, politics, poetry, your style and MORE!
- Your hook on hooking up: gURL’s sex, health & relationships blog.
- Need some advice, quick? Ask Heather anything; she answers three q’s, daily!
- Bored? Take new quizzes and play gURL games!