It’s been two years since Chris Brown violently attacked his then-gf Rihanna, and he says it’s time to stop apologizing and move on from the “mishap.”
Chris told Page Six Magazine, “I’m in a positive place. I consider myself a grown-ass man. And at the end of the day, if I walk around apologizing to everybody, I’m gonna look like a damn fool.”
The National Organization of Women thinks the “Forever” singer’s comments are an “insult against women across the country” and that, “To see him backing away from his responsibility to speak out against intimate partner violence is horrifying.”
NOW argues that, “It was not a mishap, this was a serious act of violence. No woman who has been assaulted would refer to it as a mishap, nor should anyone refer to it as such.”
more ways to get gURLy:
- Pearls of wisdom, survey q’s, polls, quotes to live by — it’s all on gURL.com’s Twitter. Follow us!
- Luv gURL? Then ‘Like’ us, too! Let’s be friends on Facebook and you’ll get first looks at stories!
- Can’t get enough of gURL.com? We don’t blame you. Sign up for our weekly newsletter!
- Let’s talk. Shout Out advice, music, politics, poetry, your style and MORE!
- Your hook on hooking up: gURL’s sex, health & relationships blog.
- Need some advice, quick? Ask Heather anything; she answers three q’s, daily!
- Bored? Take new quizzes and play gURL games!