Getting over a relationship is hard — but should a mourning period apply to the death of a “friends with benefits” situation? For this gURL, she’s still struggling:
For about three months I was hooking up with this guy named Max. Strictly no strings. We both thought it would be best to keep it a secret. My friends asked me why I was being so sketchy lately, and I finally gave it up to one of them.
The next thing I knew, I was getting a text from Max, saying that I was a terrible person for telling “everyone”. I really only told one person. He was so awful to me. And even though three months earlier I swore it was a no strings situation, I found myself to be really upset. Now here I am, its four months later and I’m still a complete mess. I miss him so much. What do I do? I’m so confused.
So how do you cut the strings when there weren’t supposed to be any in the first place? Help this gURL out! Share your advice below!
more ways to get gURLy:
- Pearls of wisdom, survey q’s, polls, quotes to live by — it’s all on gURL.com’s Twitter. Follow us!
- Luv gURL? Then ‘Like’ us, too! Let’s be friends on Facebook and you’ll get first looks at stories!
- Can’t get enough of gURL.com? We don’t blame you. Sign up for our weekly newsletter!
- Let’s talk. Shout Out advice, music, politics, poetry, your style and MORE!
- Your hook on hooking up: gURL’s sex, health & relationships blog.
- Need some advice, quick? Ask Heather anything; she answers three q’s, daily!
- Bored? Take new quizzes and play gURL games!