First periods don’t have to be embarrassing, but Chloe wrote in to tell us it was the most embarrassing moment of her life!! Could you survive? Read on!
“In September of 2005, when I got my first period, I didn’t have any pads, so I bled straight through my jeans. I asked a girl to borrow one of her two jackets and she wouldn’t let me, so I could do nothing but ask my science teacher (at that time, a 51 year old male) to let me go to the nurse to get a new pair of pants. I said “Mr R, a very private thing just happened to me, may I please go to the nurse to get a new pair of pants?” And he was like “Sure thing! I won’t tell anyone, just quietly slip out the door.”
So I did. I got my pants and all was well again.
In December, my science teacher was teaching a mandatory sex education class. On the first day of having both boys and girls in our class, he started talking about periods and said, “Now girls, you can ALWAYS trust me if you need something for your period! Just ask me to go to the nurse and I’ll let you go. When Chloe got her first period and bled through her pants, she asked me to go and I let her!!!!”
Right when he said that, EVERYONE turned and faced me with looks of disgust. I was HUMILIATED!!! It was by far the most embarrassing moment of my life. That was six years ago and I am still teased about it.”
Do you have a first period story to share? Go on, Send it on in to email@example.com. Or, share it in the comments below!
more ways to get gURLy:
- Pearls of wisdom, survey q’s, polls, quotes to live by — it’s all on gURL.com’s Twitter. Follow us!
- Luv gURL? Then ‘Like’ us, too! Let’s be friends on Facebook and you’ll get first looks at stories!
- Can’t get enough of gURL.com? We don’t blame you. Sign up for our weekly newsletter!
- Let’s talk. Shout Out advice, music, politics, poetry, your style and MORE!
- Your hook on hooking up: gURL’s sex, health & relationships blog.
- Need some advice, quick? Ask Heather anything; she answers three q’s, daily!
- Bored? Take new quizzes and play gURL games!