My boyfriend wanted to have sex and he said could he pee in me afterward to kill the sperm so I wouldn’t get pregnant but I don’t think that’s safe is it??? And what would that do to me???
Sperm, the wonderfully gooey spunk that comes out of a guys penis upon ejaculation, can live in your warm, moist vagina for up to five days. While sperm is sensitive to acidic things, like urine, once his sperm is inside you, there really is no safe way to flush it out. Not even if you urinate as well. Urine is NOT spermicide.
Furthermore, urinating inside you opens you up to serious infection. His urine includes his waste products that could seriously disrupt the happy balance of your vagina, leaving you prone to yeast infections, UTIs and worse, a kidney infection. Bacteria in his pee can swim up to your kidney’s and attack them. It’s painful and it comes on quick.
And finally, I have to address the most serious and scary part of your question: that you’re NOT using a condom. Is there a reason that he’s not putting one on and wants to deceive you into thinking that urination is a form of birth control? You are not only opening yourself up to pregnancy (which you seemed to be concerned about), it also opens you up to serious STI’s. If he is unwilling to use a condom, please abstain from sex with him — only a guy who really cares about you and your life is worth taking that risk for. His lack of concern greatly concerns me and I hope it does you, too.
Hey gURLs, how do you get a guy to put on a condom? I’d love to hear your ideas.
What’s on your mind? Heather can help! Send her your question at email@example.com.
more ways to get gURLy:
- Pearls of wisdom, survey q’s, polls, quotes to live by — it’s all on gURL.com’s Twitter. Follow us!
- Luv gURL? Then ‘Like’ us, too! Let’s be friends on Facebook and you’ll get first looks at stories!
- Can’t get enough of gURL.com? We don’t blame you. Sign up for our weekly newsletter!
- Let’s talk. Shout Out advice, music, politics, poetry, your style and MORE!
- Your hook on hooking up: gURL’s sex, health & relationships blog.
- Need some advice, quick? Ask Heather anything; she answers three q’s, daily!
- Bored? Take new quizzes and play gURL games!