discuss: justin bieber tells Rolling Stone he’s against abortion. are you?

should jb speak up or shut up?

We were surprised to see Justin Bieber openly tell Rolling Stone that he is against abortion.

The quote: “I really don’t believe in abortion…It’s like killing a baby?”

|Will this change the ideals of Bieber fans everywhere? Remember how obsessed they can be!|

He then said, in the case of rape: “Um. Well, I think that’s really sad, but everything happens for a reason. I don’t know how that would be a reason. I guess I haven’t been in that position, so I wouldn’t be able to judge that.”

gURLs are discussing his comment in the Shout Out Boards, but before you rip his head off (or make a shrine to it, accordingly), check this out: Biebs is standing up against cyber bullying. Kinda cool, no?

So, how do you feel about Biebs’s politics? Are you pro-life, pro-choice, or just plain anti-Justin? Discuss!

-gURL

more ways to get gURLy:

Posted in: Discuss, Health, Sex & Relationships, In the News
Tags: , , ,

1. avatar Meg Odair says:

Pro-Choice, Anti-Justin

I am pro-choice because I think it is the mother's decision, if you think it is morally wrong then don't have one, but don't try to force your morals on other people. Maybe I think going to church is immoral, that doesn't mean I'm goign to ban it. Second, it's not about the fetus and never has been. It is about limiting women's rights and their sexual freedoms. Third, the pro-life movement is filled with hypocrisy. They only care about the baby before it's born, but why don't they help mothers and their children who are starving because they 'chose life'. They don't care. They also prevent access to birth control… which makes no sense. Fourth, whether or not it's legal, women are going to get abortions, and if it is legal, it's safe. The fetus is not going to survive either if the mother dies in an illegal abortion. Fifth, they aren't 'pro-life', they are anti-choice. What about the women carrying the baby? Making a women in poverty have an unwanted baby contributes to homelessness and unemployment, rather than letting her stay in school which HELPS people and the women. When you make the fetus a person, you make the women 'baby carriers'. Sixth, they tried to pass a law that 'redefines rape'. ALL rape is forcible, pro-lifers. Don't try to pretend it isn't. Seventh, it opens the gateway for other religious laws to creep into the government. Next they will ban gay sex, sex before marriage and masturbation. Eighth, because as if a woman hasn't gone through enough in a rape, so let's force her to have her rapist's baby. And Ninth, because I have aspirations, and if I ever got pregnant and was forced to have the baby, guess what? I have a dependent, and thus can't go to the air force academy and have to drop out of school. What about MY life?

If Justin was just an unbearably bad singer, I wouldn't comment, because if I don't like it I just won't listen to it. But between his obnoxious blatant arrogance and this comment, I can now reasonably hate his guts. Really kid? You have a platform, most of which is teenage girls. Don't you dare try and tell a rape victim that her rape 'happened for a reason". And, get a haircut.

2. avatar Bree says:

I'm Anti-Justin but Pro-life.

Reasons, for Justin Bieber being the obvious of course. He's overrated and making girls that worship him look like idiot fan girls.

Reason's for Abortion, i believe it's wrong, its a medical reason not religious which people who uses that as a excuse isn't getting Pro-Life people anywhere, it's not proven that a fetus can feel pain but it's debateble, the whole subject is. Also i agree with Choice about it's not a man's to decide, it isn't his body but it isn't about him so that shouldn't even be brought up for crying out loud! Under one half of a month i'm pro-choice sorta i wouldn't do but whatever. I don't judge but i just believe it's not a women's choice really since her body will heal, that 'Baby' will stay dead forever.

3. avatar Ava says:

I'm not a fan of justin bieber and i also do not agree with him. i find it is a woman's right to choice! i do not enforce it but i dont think it is needed to be illegal. imagine if it was illegal, people would be doing it in much hasher ways. i also do not think that u should have an abortion at 8 months at that point im pro life. my point is not to offend it is to get my point out there.

4. avatar Courtneymae says:

I have no problem with what he said. It's simply his opinion, that was asked for and he gave it. And there is nothing wrong with that. He himself disagrees with abortion, but doesn't judge (in the case of rape). So there's HIS opinion, and if it bothers you so much then examine yourself and your obviously conflicted feelings.

5. avatar Kaytie Pie says:

Pro choice. Anti Justin.

Here's why, fer all you obsessers.

1. Justin Beiber-Like the plague. Spreads and people don't know how to stop it. Sarah is right. If JB said, "Being a lesbian is the coolest thing EVER" there would be a whole lot of lesbians and a LOT of lonely guys….the whole world then would be gay. See what I mean? Crazy things happen when you give a boy too much power.

2. Por choice ness. The abortion issue is a big one, fer sure, but it's an okay option. It may be killing a baby, as that idiot savant above has stated, but ity's the womans body, the womans choice. If I got pregnant I would get an abortion. There sahould be no law against it because if I couldn't get an abortion I would hang MYSELF.

6. avatar Sarah says:

I don't like Justin as much as I did before; here's why.

1) He uses himself as a 'sex-icon' and his targeted icon is teen girls. Not that anything is wrong with that, it's just now we know anything he says will automatically be agreed with. Imagine if Justin said "Giving blow-jobs to buys for money is the BEST why to get someone to like you." I bet mouth-herpes would be like the Black Death within 24 hours.

2) Abortion is NOT wrong. Nothing is wrong with an abortion. If a woman is not stable enough to take care of a boy (or may become too emotionally attached to he/she, that when adoption papers come to signing, she wouldn't know if she should sign them or not). Abortion is a WOMAN'S choice, NOT a man's. If a woman wants an abortion, it's HER body. She should be able to do whatever she wants, despite what anyone says/judges.

3) Justin Bieber is just…blah. I was in love with him for his looks, but I bet if anyone got to know him in real life, he wouldn't seem as down to earth and amazing as every girl interrupts. He is like any other teenage boy; he just proved to every girl to start looking for guys like him, but everyone knows those guys are just…no. Hard to find.

So yeah. That's my thoughts.

I disagree with Justin. Final.

7. avatar Genevieve says: