Oh god. Literally.
I got my first period in church. Of course, I was dressed in a yellow and white and cream printed dress and it was springtime so I didn’t have tights on or anything. Just me, my white panties and my light colored dress. Mass was almost over and I had been thinking about how much I hated my algebra teacher and how I was going to deal with it the right way and then I just felt something pop!
I ran to the bathroom and saw the blood and immediately though god had struck me with a disease or curse! It didn’t occur to me, at 12, that it was my period! It was brighter and bigger than I had expected and, it had already spotted through my underwear and on to my dress. I started crying and apologizing to God and vowing to just bear up and do my algebra homework without getting someone’s help and that I’d never think of Mr. Greco in a bad way again.
My mom finally came in and heard me crying. I let her in the stall and she explained that I wasn’t cursed. We ended up laughing as she helped me clean up and figure it out. And, I definitely thought mean things about Mr. Greco again.
Could you imagine it? OMG! Have a first period story you want to share? Send it in to email@example.com, or, you can share it in the comments below!
more ways to get gURLy:
- Pearls of wisdom, survey q’s, polls, quotes to live by — it’s all on gURL.com’s Twitter. Follow us!
- Luv gURL? Then ‘Like’ us, too! Let’s be friends on Facebook and you’ll get first looks at stories!
- Can’t get enough of gURL.com? We don’t blame you. Sign up for our weekly newsletter!
- Let’s talk. Shout Out advice, music, politics, poetry, your style and MORE!
- Your hook on hooking up: gURL’s sex, health & relationships blog.
- Need some advice, quick? Ask Heather anything; she answers three q’s, daily!
- Bored? Take new quizzes and play gURL games!