I’m assuming you and Drake have an exclusive relationship, and if that’s the case, then I think it’s time that you think about your relationship. Are you in love with Drake? If you are, then why would you want to run the risk of hurting his feelings by cheating on him? What is Cody giving you that Drake isn’t? If it’s something that can be worked on in your relationship (e.g. excitement, fun dates, spontaneity, romance, etc.) acknowledge that and talk to Drake about it. If it’s not and there’s something about Drake you think is totally not worth working on, then it might be time to call things off.
If you don’t want to dump Drake, and you do love him, then it’s time to stop talking to Cody. The first thing you have to do though it to tell him that you are uninterested in talking to him and ask him to be more respectful of your relationship with his cousin. It seems to me Cody is just looking for a hook-up and at 21, I think it’s pretty irresponsible to willingly break the law by hooking up with you (that’s statutory rape). And let’s stop for a second and think about the kind of guy who goes behind his family member’s back to get a gurl — is that the kind of guy you can trust? Especially with a secret like this?
But if you do decide to dump Drake to hook up with Cody, my gut tells me Cody is just a rebound and not someone you can ever rely on for the things you would expect in a relationship. I may be wrong, there is always a margin of error, but I do wonder just how great a boyfriend he would be to you if he’s totally cool with lying, stealing and cheating. Especially since this is repeat behavior on Cody’s part, it seems more like you are a pawn in Cody’s plan to hurt Drake. But again, I could be wrong.
Do you agree with Heather’s advice?
What’s on your mind? Heather can help! Send her your question at firstname.lastname@example.org.
more ways to get gURLy:
- Pearls of wisdom, survey q’s, polls, quotes to live by — it’s all on gURL.com’s Twitter. Follow us!
- Luv gURL? Then ‘Like’ us, too! Let’s be friends on Facebook and you’ll get first looks at stories!
- Can’t get enough of gURL.com? We don’t blame you. Sign up for our weekly newsletter!
- Let’s talk. Shout Out advice, music, politics, poetry, your style and MORE!
- Your hook on hooking up: gURL’s sex, health & relationships blog.
- Need some advice, quick? Ask Heather anything; she answers three q’s, daily!
- Bored? Take new quizzes and play gURL games!