GLAAD, the organization that stands up for gay and transgendered rights around the globe, is not laughing at SNL‘s jokes. This Saturday’s episode with host Jesse Eisenberg featured a spoof commercial for “Estro-Maxx,” a one-a-day estrogen pill for male-to-female transgender people.
Was the spot spoofing on a pharmaceutical industry obsession with there’s-a-one-a-day-pill-for-that mentality, as if becoming transgendered could be as easy as popping a pill (like curing high cholesterol, or whatever those long commercials are for)? Or was the punchline what GLAAD thinks it is — seeing men in dresses with facial hair and boobs? Do you think that SNL’s cast and producers are trans-phobic by letting a spot like this air?
The clip is below, so check it out and tell us you what you think!
more ways to get gURLy:
- Pearls of wisdom, survey q’s, polls, quotes to live by — it’s all on gURL.com’s Twitter. Follow us!
- Luv gURL? Then ‘Like’ us, too! Let’s be friends on Facebook and you’ll get first looks at stories!
- Can’t get enough of gURL.com? We don’t blame you. Sign up for our weekly newsletter!
- Let’s talk. Shout Out advice, music, politics, poetry, your style and MORE!
- Your hook on hooking up: gURL’s sex, health & relationships blog.
- Need some advice, quick? Ask Heather anything; she answers three q’s, daily!
- Bored? Take new quizzes and play gURL games!