i want to buy a vibrator, but i’m under 18! what do i do?

dear heather,
you say it’s perfectly fine to use a vibrator or dildo to masturbate, but a lot of us are under 18 and have no means of getting one. is there any way to get one without being 18? what should we do?

While there are no laws that say a gURL must be a certain age to buy a vibrator or dildo, some Southern states prohibit selling them, and most sex shops throughout the country only allow people 18 years or older to enter their stores. Luckily, this doesn’t have to stop a gURL from masturbating with a sex toy.

|Vibrators, dildos, and orgasms! Oh my! Get help on getting off.|

Assuming you don’t have a credit card and can’t order a sex toy online, the easiest way to get a standard vibe if you’re under 18 is at a gift store like Spencer’s, which can legally sell sex toys to anyone, since they’re being sold as novelty items.

Then there’s stores with pharmacies like Walgreen’s, CVS, Walmart, Target, etc. that sell “personal massagers.” These products are a bit more discreet–as they can technically be used for anywhere on the body–and make for excellent vibrators. In fact, one of the most popular sex toys out there is the Hitachi Magic Wand Massager, and it’s marketed as an “electric massager.”

If you’re terrified of someone ever finding your sex toy, you can keep it on the DL by using everyday items such as electrical toothbrushes or electric razors; simply rub or rest the base (nothing sharp!) on your clitoris. A hand-held shower head works the same way; just keep a steady flow on your sensitive areas.

|In the dark about down there? Learn all about the wonders of your clitoris.|

As far as dildos go, many females will only have an orgasm when the clitoris is directly stimulated, instead of the indirect pressure that typically occurs with a penis. For this reason, I suggest your first explore masturbation without penetration before moving on to an object you’d insert inside of you. It’s just easier.

And don’t forget: Just know that using any appliance in a way that’s not intended by the manufacturer can be risky. There’s always the chance that you can get an infection or hurt this way, so I wouldn’t suggest this as the best way to masturbate. The safest, most discrete object you can use to get off is your very own hand. Not only is it the best way to get to know your own body, it’s safe and 100% free.

take care,
heather

Thinking about masturbating? Here’s why we think you should take the plunge.

Do you agree with Heather’s advice?

What’s on your mind? Heather can help! Send her your question at heather@gurl.com.

more ways to get gURLy:

Posted in: Help Me Heather, Love Advice, Sex, Sex
Tags: , , , , ,

1. avatarRebecca says:

I’m 13 year old and I want a vibrator so bad but I want buy one online but I’m scared my stepdad might open the box what should I do

2. avatarSal says:

I got my first vibrator off ebay and used paypal so didnt need a credit card.
    The shop that sent it was http://www.fleshlighttoys.com.au and there website does the same with paypal so can use my bank. I have a few and not to many and my parents never knew i got one :)

3. avatarRe-l says:

I wish I could “get off” using my hand like is suggested at the end of this, but I just can’t and it kind of bums me out. I can feel pressure and everything, and I think I’ve gotten close a couple times, but my own hand just doesn’t work and I don’t know why. I always use my showerhead, that is the only way I can do it, but I wish that I had more options than that

4. avatarjess says:

I got a dildo at 13 and its the best thing ever! It hurt at first but now its so pleasrureable! And guess what I haven’t had sex with a guy yet, there’s no need to!

5. avatarJazzy says:

Um, I’m under 18 I really want a vibrator. The thing is that my Mom will get curious and open the vibrator. Also, I don’t have a Pharmacy around it’s in the next town over. I come home before my parents if the package would come before 2:30 that would be great! Any help?

6. avatarMadison says:

Alright, masturbating is completely normal and a lot of young ladies and women of all ages actually do it often. If your clitoris (the little piece of skin above the vagina that feels like a tiny ball) is having a non painful throbbing that is your body indicating you need a “special” release. So just rub it with something smooth preferably with vibration. It stimulates you better.

7. avatarLogan palumbno says:

well I’m a guy and I’m under 18 and was wondering about love dolls ( or blow up dolls) before I have sex. where can I get one and is it useful. also where I can get one.

8. avatarAly Prince says:

I use an electric toothbrush without bristles. Magic.

9. avatarjellybean_516 says:

Im a virgin and I just bought my first vibrator so I’ve been a little confused….Is lube required when you are masturbating or no??

• avatarHailey says:

You can use lube if your stimulating your clit but I would use lube if your going to penetrate with it just because it will go in easier

• avatarMe says:

If it takes you awhile before getting wet, it would probably be best to use lube. Better safe than sorry

• avatarTheMan says:

You can use Lube if you want while masturbating but you should save it for a guy so you can both share it

• avatarBri says:

No. But I recommend that if you are going to use it inside your vagina that you use some so that you are able to insert the vibrator with more ease. Lube is probably a plus for any type of stimulation!(:

10. avatarAshleigh says:

How do I get a parent to buy me a vibrator im afriad itll get extremely awkward or can I use my Amazon gift card without them finding oit what it is

11. avatarCocolol says:

I’m under 18 and I was wondering if I could get an actual dildo at CVS. Can I tell Amazon to hold it at the post office like you can with ebay? I really want to see what it feels like to have a penis go inside my clitoris.

12. avatarmegan says:

This is where older boyfriends come in handy. I got my first vibrator when I was 12 and he’s bought me a few more since then. I leave them at his place just in case but every now and then i take one in my school bag home and use it when I am alone at night in my room. :P

13. avatarmaddy says:

(this is late but hey this is good advice!)
    A tip: If you ever get an amazon.com gift card and you know that nobody else will open a package addressed to you, go on there and buy a vibrator! I got a lipstick vibrator there for less than 10 dollars, which also allows me to have something that looks like a tube of lipstick so that people don’t question it.
    (The only issue is that the packaging for the actual vibrator–as in, after you open the box/envelope that it comes in–made it evident that it was a vibrator. This shouldn’t be a problem if you’re good at hiding things in the trash, though.)

• avatarKenz says:

Im home alone a lot and i think i could lie and say my best friend (shes in another state) is sending me a package but im just scared my mom might open it…. she probably wouldnt but if she did i would be beyond embarrassed. ugh im scared

14. Pingback: Vibrator at 15???????????? | AskSth

15. avatarfind a man says:

That’s the truly only normal way of getting an orgasm just find someone nice

16. avatarBree says:

I was lucky enough to have a lady i am very close to buy one for me at spencers, but buying a visa gift card and buying offline will work to

17. avatarlucy says:

I really want to buy a dildo or vibrator but I don’t know how to becuase I am under
    18 please help I need a pleseaurable orgasm as soon as

• avatarhello says:

You can buy an amazon gift card at a supermarket or drug store and use them online without needed a credit card. I just bought a glass dildo on amazon that way, since i’m not 18 yet. Just make sure you are the one to open the package!

18. avatarMaritsa Portillo says:

I really wish to buy a vibrator or a dildo to please myself because I want to try and see how it feels like before doing it forreal!

19. avatarTeaLeaf says:

Ive tried the whole toothbrush thing. It doesnt get me off. I need extreme vibes to get me going. So, instead, I rubb my clit with this extremely pleasing hair brush handle. Its curved upward (Brand is Goody), and hits my G-Spot. It soaks me and leaves me pleasured. No guy has ever given me the kind of orgasms that little handle has.

• avatarsebeauh says:

okay @TeaLeaf when ur taking a shower barley turn off the shower head, so theres a constint stream of water. Now have the water running on ur clit! stay there 4 as long as u want! have fun!