Concerned for the well-being of teens across America, Kim Kardashian has some insightful advice: don’t get pregnant.
“I find it so sad and disturbing,” the 30-year-old reality star writes on her blog. “It seems that shows like Teen Mom are all of a sudden making teen pregnancy seem cool in the eyes of young girls.”
|Did you know that gURL interviewed each 16 & Pregnant mom? Read about all their experiences!|
Kim had heard a report while visiting The Today Show of the “teen pregnancy epidemic” at a high school in Memphis, where 90 girls have been knocked up in one year, shocking her into writing the post.
“The kids from these shows are all over the news, even on the covers of magazines, and have become almost like celebrities, but girls, these are not people you should idolize!”
Is MTV to blame? Amber Portwood lead the army of teen moms who were quick to call out Kim’s claim to fame: a sex tape.
Going straight to Kim’s employer, E!, Amber said “If you read the articles about the show, they do nothing but talk about how the show reveals how hard it is for all of us. We may be ‘celebrities’ because our face is out there, but it’s only because we’ve done some bad things. That’s not glamorous.”
Do you agree with Kim? Or do you think it’s hypocritical? Does Teen Mom and 16 & Pregnant encourage pregnancy? Or do you think these teen mommies are successfully scaring girls off?
more ways to get gURLy:
- Pearls of wisdom, survey q’s, polls, quotes to live by — it’s all on gURL.com’s Twitter. Follow us!
- Luv gURL? Then ‘Like’ us, too! Let’s be friends on Facebook and you’ll get first looks at stories!
- Can’t get enough of gURL.com? We don’t blame you. Sign up for our weekly newsletter!
- Let’s talk. Shout Out advice, music, politics, poetry, your style and MORE!
- Your hook on hooking up: gURL’s sex, health & relationships blog.
- Need some advice, quick? Ask Heather anything; she answers three q’s, daily!
- Bored? Take new quizzes and play gURL games!