Ever had a tampon malfunction? One gURL, Alin, wrote in about her first period and has sworn off applicators for life because of her very painful first try:
i got my first period on a friday in middle school. i actually remember the exact date! i was 13 and i was taking my morning pee when i saw blood and i realized it had finally arrived. i told my mom and i was really hoping that she would let me stay home from school, but she didn’t. i had to deal with my first pad all day and it sucked. when i got home, my mom gave me some tampon applicators and told me how to put them up there. she said i might as well learn now because i shouldn’t get dependent on pads. i didnt like them anyway so i was fine with it. i took one of the applicators and stuck it in there, but instead of pushing in the tampon, i pushed in the applicator and it was probably one of the most painful things ive ever experienced. it hurt, so BAD! i’ve used non-applicator tampons ever since. 🙂
Share your first period story, too! Email it to us at email@example.com, or leave it in the comments below!
more ways to get gURLy:
- Pearls of wisdom, survey q’s, polls, quotes to live by — it’s all on gURL.com’s Twitter. Follow us!
- Luv gURL? Then ‘Like’ us, too! Let’s be friends on Facebook and you’ll get first looks at stories!
- Can’t get enough of gURL.com? We don’t blame you. Sign up for our weekly newsletter!
- Let’s talk. Shout Out advice, music, politics, poetry, your style and MORE!
- Your hook on hooking up: gURL’s sex, health & relationships blog.
- Need some advice, quick? Ask Heather anything; she answers three q’s, daily!
- Bored? Take new quizzes and play gURL games!