My boyfriend is off at college this year and I miss him so much. We are both very strong Christians and don’t believe in having sex until marriage. Even though this is the case I still get horny, especially now that he is gone. I know it’s normal to feel this way but it’s so embarrassing because I don’t think any of my friends ever feel this way. I love reading about sex and masturbation and I’ve even tried actually masturbating. I just feel like such a freak after I do it. I need someone to tell me I am normal. Please, a 17-year-old girl should not have to feel so guilty.
Please don’t feel guilty! That may be easier said than done because you were raised to think that it’s wrong, but gURL, there is nothing wrong with being horny, touching yourself, pleasuring yourself, checking out other naked people…masturbating is such a normal and great thing. If you’re horny, masturbate!
Any dirtiness you might feel is totally normal too — isn’t that part of the fun of it? That it’s a moment of pure selfish indulgence? How is that any different from taking time to put on a face mask or sit in a bathtub for half an hour or read a book from cover to cover? I might add that those times are also great for masturbating!
|I helped another Christian gURL dealing with sexual guilt from her mom! Do you agree with my advice?|
I hope you see that there is no harm to yourself or other people by rubbing one out. And especially in a long distance relationship, I think keeping yourself sexually satisfied is extremely important.
What’s bothering you? Heather can help! Send her your question at email@example.com.
more ways to get gURLy:
- Pearls of wisdom, survey q’s, polls, quotes to live by — it’s all on gURL.com’s Twitter. Follow us!
- Luv gURL? Then ‘Like’ us, too! Let’s be friends on Facebook and you’ll get first looks at stories!
- Can’t get enough of gURL.com? We don’t blame you. Sign up for our weekly newsletter!
- Let’s talk. Shout Out advice, music, politics, poetry, your style and MORE!
- Your hook on hooking up: gURL’s sex, health & relationships blog.
- Need some advice, quick? Ask Heather anything; she answers three q’s, daily!
- Bored? Take new quizzes and play gURL games!