So, what’s it like to lose your virginity? One anonymous reader confessed:
I held off for a really long time before I had sex. I was with my boyfriend at the time (now ex) for two years before I had sex with him. I was waiting “until marriage”, but then something snapped and I was like, What the hell am I thinking? I don’t know how I knew I was ready, I just felt ready. We went out to dinner for our two year anniversary, and then I was like, “Let’s go buy condoms”, so we did. It didn’t hurt at all, I’ve never bled, and it’s been almost two years since I started having sex. Keep in mind though, my ex was NOT well-endowed at all, not like it matters, but that may have had something to do with it not hurting/bleeding.
A word of advice, don’t plan it. Make it spontaneous. That way, you won’t be able to build up nervousness about it. Just make sure you have what you need beforehand, i.e. condoms, the pill, etc. And then just let it happen. (:
Agree with her tips for first timers? Would you add anything?
Have a Hookup Confession to share? Send it to us at email@example.com or share it in the comments below!
more ways to get gURLy:
- Pearls of wisdom, survey q’s, polls, quotes to live by — it’s all on gURL.com’s Twitter. Follow us!
- Luv gURL? Then ‘Like’ us, too! Let’s be friends on Facebook and you’ll get first looks at stories!
- Can’t get enough of gURL.com? We don’t blame you. Sign up for our weekly newsletter!
- Let’s talk. Shout Out advice, music, politics, poetry, your style and MORE!
- Your hook on hooking up: gURL’s sex, health & relationships blog.
- Need some advice, quick? Ask Heather anything; she answers three q’s, daily!
- Bored? Take new quizzes and play gURL games!