Crystal Bowersox is the American Idol runner-up who’s a total winner in our eyes (and that’s not just because she recorded a gURL.com theme song on the fly…no, seriously!). She may be a single mom (and a former teen mom, at that), but she doesn’t let it get in the way of her dreams. That’s why she’s one of our gURLs of wisdom and why we couldn’t wait to perk up our ears for her advice.
Watch the video to check out what Crystal had to say about the challenges of living up to a specific pressure, why it’s okay to ask your parents for help, and what it was like being in love and getting dumped for the first time!
So, do you have the guts to share your broken heart story like Crystal? Leave it in the comments.
more ways to get gURLy:
- Pearls of wisdom, survey q’s, polls, quotes to live by — it’s all on gURL.com’s Twitter. Follow us!
- Luv gURL? Then ‘Like’ us, too! Let’s be friends on Facebook and you’ll get first looks at stories!
- Can’t get enough of gURL.com? We don’t blame you. Sign up for our weekly newsletter!
- Let’s talk. Shout Out advice, music, politics, poetry, your style and MORE!
- Your hook on hooking up: gURL’s sex, health & relationships blog.
- Need some advice, quick? Ask Heather anything; she answers three q’s, daily!
- Bored? Take new quizzes and play gURL games!