What happens when hickeys “attack?”
“I was making out with the guy who would become my boyfriend, and he left some pretty sizable hickeys on my neck. They were located on either side of my windpipe…basically it looked like someone had tried to strangle me.
I went into work the next day at a job where we wore a uniform. I tried to cover the love bites, but it didn’t really work. I was just going about my business when my manager pulled me aside, seeming concerned.
‘Are you okay?’ she asked. I told her I was. ‘No…no I mean are you OKAY?’ she pressed. I didn’t know what she was talking about. She kept asking me if I was alright until I realized what she driving at.
‘Oh. Oh my god. They’re hickeys!’ I explained. She looked relieved. My manager thought someone had attacked me and tried to strangle me, bruising my neck.
Fortunately the real reason I got those marks was much more fun! (And far less scary.)”
Have you ever gotten a hickey that required an explanation? How do you get rid of hickeys? Share your stories and advice in the comments section below!
Have a confession? Email it in to firstname.lastname@example.org.
more ways to get gURLy:
- Pearls of wisdom, survey q’s, polls, quotes to live by — it’s all on gURL.com’s Twitter. Follow us!
- Luv gURL? Then ‘Like’ us, too! Let’s be friends on Facebook and you’ll get first looks at stories!
- Can’t get enough of gURL.com? We don’t blame you. Sign up for our weekly newsletter!
- Let’s talk. Shout Out advice, music, politics, poetry, your style and MORE!
- Your hook on hooking up: gURL’s sex, health & relationships blog.
- Need some advice, quick? Ask Heather anything; she answers three q’s, daily!
- Bored? Take new quizzes and play gURL games!