Have you heard? Amber Heard has a girlfriend! The bombshell starlet you’ve probably seen in flicks like Pineapple Express, Zombieland, and The Stepfather came out of the closet over the weekend at GLAAD’s 25th Anniversary party. And, she brought her gorgeous gURLfriend, Tasya Van Ree, along for the announcement.
And while we wish that a female celebrity joining the ranks fof the L-team wasn’t such big news, Amber wanted it to be a big deal to help give a voice to the thousands of people who feel repressed by not being able to publicly be who they are. gURL is really proud of her for showing off her strength and paving another few inches on the road to sexual freedom. So yea, it’s a big deal! Yay Amber!
“I’m open to whoever. I think it is absurd to assume that I have to look in a certain category. A person should make choices—about who they want to marry, who they want to spend time with, who they want to fuck—based on a variety of options, and I hope that one day people will be more open-minded about that. It’s silly to look in one category or another. I would never imagine a mate based on a certain sex or race.”
Do you think it helps the cause for queer equality when a celebrity comes out? Share your thoughts below.
more ways to get gURLy:
- Pearls of wisdom, survey q’s, polls, quotes to live by — it’s all on gURL.com’s Twitter. Follow us!
- Luv gURL? Then ‘Like’ us, too! Let’s be friends on Facebook and you’ll get first looks at stories!
- Can’t get enough of gURL.com? We don’t blame you. Sign up for our weekly newsletter!
- Let’s talk. Shout Out advice, music, politics, poetry, your style and MORE!
- Your hook on hooking up: gURL’s sex, health & relationships blog.
- Need some advice, quick? Ask Heather anything; she answers three q’s, daily!
- Bored? Take new quizzes and play gURL games!