Kim sees a lot of gay bullying at her school, but she’s scared to do anything about it, because she thinks the bullies will turn on her, too. The world needs a lot more Kim’s though! While doing the right thing is good, no one said it’s easy. I am straight, and a strong queer rights advocate and I too, have suffered from my share of put downs and bullying, online and in person.
So if you’ve found yourself ridiculed for standing up for gay rights, or anything you feel is right, here are some tips to not let them get you down or give them fuel for their waning fires.
Is homophobic bullying a problem at your school? Tell us what happened! And, what’s your advice for Kim?
E-mail me your pressing questions about life, love, health and relationships at email@example.com.
more ways to get gURLy:
- Pearls of wisdom, survey q’s, polls, quotes to live by — it’s all on gURL.com’s Twitter. Follow us!
- Luv gURL? Then ‘Like’ us, too! Let’s be friends on Facebook and you’ll get first looks at stories!
- Can’t get enough of gURL.com? We don’t blame you. Sign up for our weekly newsletter!
- Let’s talk. Shout Out advice, music, politics, poetry, your style and MORE!
- Your hook on hooking up: gURL’s sex, health & relationships blog.
- Need some advice, quick? Ask Heather anything; she answers three q’s, daily!
- Bored? Take new quizzes and play gURL games!