It’s an ugly stereotype. gURLs often are more expressive of their emotions than guys, and it gets them labeled as “clingy” or “needy.” Fortunately we’re discussing a fictional couple this week, Rachel and Finn from Glee. But my advice goes for life both on and off your tv screen.
While I personally think expressing needs and wants is communication more than it is clinginess, there is a line…but how do you know when you’ve crossed it and turned into saran wrap?
Short answer: when you lose yourself. Need a little more than that? Watch my video!
Have you ever been accused of being clingy? What did you do about it? Leave comments to let me know, and help out other gURLs who may be battling the same issue.
Got a question? Send it to me at email@example.com.
more ways to get gURLy:
- Pearls of wisdom, survey q’s, polls, quotes to live by — it’s all on gURL.com’s Twitter. Follow us!
- Luv gURL? Then ‘Like’ us, too! Let’s be friends on Facebook and you’ll get first looks at stories!
- Can’t get enough of gURL.com? We don’t blame you. Sign up for our weekly newsletter!
- Let’s talk. Shout Out advice, music, politics, poetry, your style and MORE!
- Your hook on hooking up: gURL’s sex, health & relationships blog.
- Need some advice, quick? Ask Heather anything; she answers three q’s, daily!
- Bored? Take new quizzes and play gURL games!