gURL exclusive! 16 & pregnant: Christinna dishes on divorcing her baby daddy

christinna's dealing with divorce from destiny's daddy and life as a singe teen mom.

Going through a tough time with your sweetie can reveal a lot about them. Going through a pregnancy and raising a child? Yea, it’ll reveal a LOT. Unfortunately for Christinna, the subject of this week’s 16 & Pregnant, it revealed a total dud of a dude.

Freshly filed for divorce, Christinna refuses to let it get her down or stop her from achieving her dreams while still being the best mom to her daughter, Destiny. Read on for gURL’s exclusive interview with Christinna:

Isiah, your baby daddy, caused some drama for you.
Isiah goes back and forth between being supportive – it’s almost like he goes through phases. Sometimes he’s on top of things, and I couldn’t ask for more, and other times it seemed like I was doing EVERYTHING. I’ve had to fight with Isiah to get him to put our family 1st and spend time with Destiny, just like Maci [Season One of 16&  Pregnant] had to do with Ryan.

Do you feel you can relate to Maci’s issues with Ryan?
Isiah and Ryan both went through a time where they were being immature and refused to step up and be a dad and husband, or fiancé  in Maci’s case. I completely understand the struggles Maci went through with her relationship with Ryan. She inspires me, and helps me remember to stay strong and always put Destiny first. I always think “if she can do it then I can too!”

|Read more interviews with the gURLs of 16 & Pregnant here.|

So are you and Isiah going to make it work?
Shortly after my episode was finished filming, Isiah and I separated and recently decided to get a divorce. At first he came to visit Destiny every single day he had off from work and he supported her financially in any way he possibly could. Ever since we officially decided to get a divorce and stopped talking, he hasn’t come to visit Destiny or helped financially in over a month. It’s almost like Destiny and I were a package deal, and now that were not together, he doesn’t have anything to do with her. It really hurts.

Wow, we’re really sorry to hear that after all you’ve been through together.
Being a teen parent is hard but words can’t describe how much I love Destiny, and there isn’t anything I wouldn’t do for her. I wish Isiah could see how fun and rewarding being a parent can be.

We hope he’s reading this! Do you think a lot of guys out there are Ryan’s or Isiah’s? I don’t want to put all teenage fathers in the same category, but in Isiah’s case, he isn’t consistently supportive. Isiah is very selfish and it seems like he can never truly put Destiny 1st in his life. I think that when you have a child you have to make sacrifices, point blank period end of discussion. It hurts me when I have to literally beg Isiah to spend time with Destiny or change her diaper or help me buy her the things she needs. Destiny comes first in my life no matter what, and if I can make those sacrifices then why can’t he?

| Are you dealing with Teen Pregnancy? You’re not alone. Share your stories on gURL’s Shout Out Boards, now. |

That’s true, being a parent has its share of major sacrifices. What has been the biggest sacrifice you’ve had to deal with so far?
I think I’ve had to give up just about everything since Destiny was born! Sometimes it seems like I can’t do anything alone. Destiny is content as long as I’m paying her attention but as soon as I do something by myself whether it’s eating, sleeping, reading or studying Destiny starts fussing.

What would you tell a teenager that wants to be a teen mom?
I would tell her to wait. If you’re really ready to be a mom then you’re ready to put your child first and part of putting your child first is providing for them the best you can. Finishing school and establishing a career before having children not only benefits yourself but it benefits your child. Creating a stable home is the best thing you can do for your child and most teenagers don’t have the maturity or resources to do so.

What advice would you give Christinna? Do you think she should demand more from Isiah? Let him go? Share your thoughts below.

-gURL

more ways to get gURLy:

Posted in: Health, Sex & Relationships, Relationships, The State of Sex Ed
Tags: , ,

1. avatar Bianca says:

I would like to just say that I think she is doing an amazing job of raising her baby on her own! I wish her all the best if luck in her future

2. avatar Dominique says:

She never took the pregnancy test to prove if the child was his or not. Granted, the grandmother was crazy dramatic but she had a valid point. Either way she’s expecting her second child with another ex football player she trapped because she thought he could’ve made it to the league. Common denominator: she wanted someone to take care of her. Yes, she may have goals BUT if your still trying to finish school, a single mom with a toddler, you don’t get knocked up again, period.

And another thing, if Isiah was really Destiny’s father & she could PROVE IT, he’d be on child support. The possibility of him not being that girls father keeps her from going to the court because if there was no doubt in her mind, she wouldn’t have anything negative to say about it being financially difficult. She trapped Isiah & she trapped her new baby’s dad as well

3. avatar Tori star says:

My baby dad was the same way had a black Cadillac didn’t want to help out but blow money on coogi pants and friends we broke up i put him on child support because he works just like I do and I refuse to let him not support my baby

4. avatar Kimberly Baker says:

She could do better then him and it jus as well that she find out how he is now then later

5. avatar Elizabeth says:

The most loving thing these young parents can do is consider giving these sweet babies up for adoption. Very few teenage couples last once they have a baby. The girls think it will be a fairy tale ending, and the boys are, for the most part, too immature to think about the mother of the child and the baby. 18 year old boys aren’t ready to settle down-and we’ve seen it time and again on this show. They become resentful (as do some of the girls) and don’t want to be “smothered” by the girl or the baby. Adoption puts these babies in a loving, supportive home-often times a home where the birth mothers can still have limited contact. Adoption is another option. It doesn’t make you a bad parent.

6. avatar June says:

First I just watched this episode and it’s old however, the family really shouldn’t gave gotten involved in that relationship. I fully believe they could have made it. Accomplished all of their goals. Having a baby doesn’t stop that. They needed a better support system. They both loved each other. I think his grandmas problem was if the baby was his, prove it! I’d love to say here – see! Christina don’t allow your anger to stop what could be. The family would’ve respected you more. You were a child and needed mothering yourself. I hope all turned out ok. I would love updates on these children. Not just the ones that go and make sex tapes. I hope MTV will finally do that. Show what happens after!

7. avatar jazmine low says:

Izaih looks like my baby daddy and plus I know that girl from high school and she was wild she would have sex with all of the boys in school so she is really lying.

8. avatar ethel says:

I think she need to do her part to cause two hands is better then one and dont no man want a woman whos not independent. In the show it seem to me that isaiah was trying to make it work but christinna wants a man to take care of her while she sits at home sorry huns it dont work the way anymore dis 2011 wake up to reality….

• avatar Modern Woman says:

1. Please, learn how to speak and spell English, correctly.
      2. She was pregnant and going to school. Have you been pregnant, going to school at the same time? And, the “support system” she had, was a abusive one. Being Isiah’s family. What did you expect her do to?
      3. Just because a woman decides to stay home and take care of her family doesn’t mean she is not independent, as you say. Its a full-time, never ending job as a stay at home mother.
      4. Reality: By glimpsing in to your education and ideals I can tell you’re going to be another in-educated person, who is a drain on society. Some advice: Stop watching MTV, get off your bum and sign up for classes at your local community college. Take a class that you are interested in, study hard and you’ll go far!!

• avatar Jessica says:

She is doing her part. She’s being a parent. She’s stepping up and giving her child what money can’t give her.

9. avatar Sheska says:

I think she should go forward without him theres othere ways to get help. Just keep strong and with your head up show his family and him that you dont need them.

10. avatar Karma says:

This is why you don't have kids at a young age. Neither one of them were emotionally mature or financially ready to take care of one. In their episode, I felt like Christinna just wanted Isaiah to take care of everything. He worked, went to school and helped out with the baby. What did she do? If anything, she was the selfish one. These two were not meant to be together. Not sure if I believe her about him not seeing or taking care of his child but hopefully they work together when it comes to Destiny.

• avatar Sashay says:

I don’t think she was selfish and i dont think her intentions were to have him take care of everything while she stay at home. I mean who’s going to take care of the baby while the two of them are away at work. I sure as hell didin’t let anyone watch my child til she was at least 10 mths. Also I’m so sick of people saying you’re not mature enough to handle being a parent at a young age. Granted, most teenagers aren’t, but don’t put all of us in that category. I was 17 when i had my baby girl, I am now 20 and happily married to the father of my child. We moved out when I was 19 and haven’t been back home since, holding our own weight. We are both proudly serving our country. Just sayin, not everybody is a statistic and it doesn’t always turn out bad. It’s not always easy but being a parent isn’t supposed to be, besides LIFE in general isn’t easy but hey I’m down for the ride.

• avatar ethel says:

I think she was selfish and the grandmother or another family can watch her.

• avatar Boreddomesticgodess says:

Have you heard the way they talk about Christinna, If I was her I wouldn’t want my child to be around someone who look at me that way. Anyways we just saw only in a hour of almost a year shoot.The grandparents and the family must have other business to attend to.

• avatar Ketra says:

The grandmother did not want to have anything to do with Christinna. I would never leave my child alone with his family, especially how they treated her. She was not selfish. She was thinking in the best interest of her child, just like any mother would.

• avatar Boreddomesticgodess says:

But he was the father also he didn’t went to school. It was Christinna who did and taking care of the baby 24/7 isn’t a walk on a park. It’s hard. I swear I rather be working then taking care of newborn. At least at your job you can understand your job but babies don’t have manuals to them so most of the time your guessing. How was it selfish for expecting to bring in financially.it was the plan she would take care of the baby and he pay the bills. See things are Fifty/Fifty.

11. avatar Stephanie Stovall says:

I think Isiah's heart was in the right place intially which is why he gave up his scholarship. However, I think he became resentful about it which caused him to fall prey to his crazy family's advice. Even though I agree he should have gone to college to make something of himself, his family choose to blame his wife for that. His grandmother just seemed immature and medling and his sister had a serious mustache. Im just annoyed Isiah didn't stand up for his wife and child that dinner room scene was really disrespectful.

12. avatar cassie says:

i know it can be hard for her and her baby falling in love with someone you though you knew from all that you guys have been through you would think you the guy he would always be there for you. Christinna this is your life do you really think you need Isiah in you life I know thats DESTINY's father but sometimes the wrong things will always turn out to be right in the end it may not seem at first it does get hard when the man you love or in your case a boy backs out on you and your baby taking his family side for the women his says he love and for the baby you 2 made together but from all i see you will make it with or without him you and destiny like Tyler Perry's play said I CAN DO BAD ALL BY MYSELF and you will but if he wants to be their let him even his family and from what i know you were the best thing he ever had even if his to stupid to see you were he is missing out on a good thing if his stupid to let someone like you get away and that pretty baby girl he aint a dam thing.

13. avatar sharelle says:

THAT IS SOO TRUE, I DON'T KNOW WHAT GAVE HIS GRANDMOTHER THE IMPRESSION THAT YOU HAD TO PROVE SOMETHING TO HER, YOU AND ISIAH MADE THAT DESTINY, AND SHE NEEDS TO LET HIM MAKE DECISIONS ON HIS OWN. HE DIDN'T HAVE TO GIVE UP HIS SCHOLARSHIP, HE CHOSE TO, HE COULD'VE STILL BEEN THERE FOR THE BOTH OF YOU IF YOU WOULD'VE HAD THE SUPPORT YOU NEEDED FROM HIS FAMILY. I THINK THE ONLY REASON SHE'S SO UPSET ABOUT IT, IS BECAUSE HE WAS HER "MEAL TICKET"!!! SHE'S SELFISH, AND MADE HERSELF LOOK STUPID ON TV. ISIAH'S SISTER IS TWO FACED AND SHE SHOULDN'T EVEN HAVE AN OPINON, HE HAS ALOT OF GROWING UP TO DO, AND HE WON'T BECAUSE HE SURROUNDED BY TOO MANY FEMALES, MAYBE HE'S BEEN AROUND THEM TOO LONG TO WHERE HE'S STARTING TO THINK LIKE ONE!!! I'M GLAD YOUR A POSITIVE PERSON, AND FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS BECAUSE AS OF RIGHT NOW, THE BALL IS IN YOUR COURT, IS UP TO YOU TO SCORE POINTS!!!! STAY POSITIVE.

14. avatar Pam says:

Well, look at the family that Isiah comes from. They are selfish which probably is why he is. Hmm…all he can think about is football. You can't make a boy be a man!!!