The media may have curbed their coverage of anti-gay bullying for now, but this blog won’t. gURL.com and I won’t wait for another tragedy to strike to talk about how important it is that we stop bullying; that we stop hurting other people; that we stop making “different” such a bad word.
I received this question from Eva, and I knew we had to discuss it. No one should have to deal with bullying; and as an avid gay rights activist, the fact that sexual preference has anything to do with this person’s torture is astounding.
This is a message I have to share over and over and over again until anti-gay bullying stops. If you’re dealing like this gURL is, here’s how:
Have you dealt with bullying? What’s your advice for gay teens? Please leave your comments to support this gURL and the many others out there, below!
And send me your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
more ways to get gURLy:
- Pearls of wisdom, survey q’s, polls, quotes to live by — it’s all on gURL.com’s Twitter. Follow us!
- Luv gURL? Then ‘Like’ us, too! Let’s be friends on Facebook and you’ll get first looks at stories!
- Can’t get enough of gURL.com? We don’t blame you. Sign up for our weekly newsletter!
- Let’s talk. Shout Out advice, music, politics, poetry, your style and MORE!
- Your hook on hooking up: gURL’s sex, health & relationships blog.
- Need some advice, quick? Ask Heather anything; she answers three q’s, daily!
- Bored? Take new quizzes and play gURL games!