Ask a Guy: How Do You Know If a Guy Likes You?

Hey gURLs, Henry’s back all weekend long to answer more of your questions just for guys.

Today, iluvyou12 asks: “How can you tell if a guy likes you? All of my friends have dated at least 2-3 guys, but I haven’t dated any. I’m 12 years old and I think that I’m ready to be in a relationship, but the thing is, my crush only talks to me if he’s joking.”

You kinda answered your own question! If a guy only talks to you when he’s joking, chances are he does like you. Guys may seem like they don’t have emotions, but the reality is, they’re just better at hiding them. And when it comes to hiding  your emotions, joking around or being a goofball is always the easiest way, especially if it’s at another’s expense.

Sure – you can’t assume every guy who makes a joke your way is in love with you, but pay extra special attention to the guys who are always going out of their way to make you laugh. Other ways to know: “the gaze” (direct eye contact guys can’t avoid when we’re into a girl), goofy smiles for prolonged periods of time (also unavoidable), and fixing his hair or clothing when he’s around you (but gay guys do this too…so that could get confusing if it’s your only telltale sign).

And if you’re still not sure, you can always do what my 5th grade crush did to me: Push a guy against a locker and blurt out “I like you. I want to kiss you right now.”

|But first, take this quiz to find out if your crush even knows you’re alive!|

Sometimes taking control of the situation is better than not knowing at all. And just think, even if he’s not into you, at least you know and can move on to the next guy.

And another note: At 12, you may feel like you’re ready to be in a relationship right now, but you have plenty of time to meet guys, have a crush, get crushed on, get rejected, reject, date, dump, make out and…”poke.”

|And if you’re confused about sex or the risks that go with it, definitely get informed before you try it out.|

That’s all for now. Have q’s only a guy can answer? Post a comment and you may see yours answered in my next post!

Deuces,

Henry

Posted in: Ask A Guy, Help Me Heather, Help&Advice
Tags: ,

1. avatar Rebecca says:

I just started highschool a few months ago and I have this guy that’s my best friend. About a month ago, I realized that I like him like that. I’m not to sure if he likes me back. My friends say that they think he does because we are always touching each other and goofing around in class. We have almost all of our classes together.
    He said to me that he wants me to think of him as a cool and funny guy and said that I am nice and funny. I know those are things friends say to each other but the context of it was different then normal. We have a bunch of inside jokes that are for only the two of us and we laugh about them all the time. We talk on the phone all the time before we go to bed. During our last conversation, he said that crazy attracts crazy to describe our relationship. How do I know if he likes me?

2. avatar Lyxie says:

I like this boy and I think he likes me. My friends say is sooo obvious that he likes me but I’m not so sure. He sits in front of me and he always talks to me, does jokes on me and looks me straight in the eye. I really love him and I’m in grade five. I dream about him all the time, advice?

• avatar Caroline says:

I like a guy. His name is Hugh. We talk and joke a lot. I always catch him staring at me and he talks to me like he’s known me for more than a couple months. All the girls that approach him he kinda looks annoyed or cagey around. I really like him, but I can never be too sure that he likes me back. I think he does, though. Also he has a friend that he’s known forever and she’s in my art class. She always stares at me, just blankly. I’m a bit confused… :|

3. avatar Anonymous says:

So, I like this guy. A LOT. We go to different schools but we talk/text/e-mail/skype all the time/whenever possible. We have so much in common it’s scary. (Btw, he’s a grade ahead of me (he’s in 9th)). He once told me he wanted to take me to a dance but they wouldn’t let 8th graders come. All my friends think he likes me, but I’m not so sure. Maybe when he said he wanted to take me to the dance he meant as just friends? Please help!

4. avatar snickers306 says:

okay so theres this boy i like and i think he may like me too so we sit next to eachother in class and he always makes jokes looks me in the eye talks to me more than anyone and is super nice does he like me?

5. avatar lex says:

So there’s this guy named Michal. He is my crush. So for the musical I had to wear a dress and makeup for a seen.He was in the musical too. When he saw me he started staring at me.like head to toe stare ing at me. And then he went up to me and said (Eaxct words said!)
    M: wow u should wear that dress every day
    Me: well I will hav to for tommorows proformence-
    M: I meant to school
    Me: Y?
    M: I don’t know (shrugs) u look like a princess.
    Me: um thank you
    Then later in other classes I hav with him I can catch him stare ing at me. Does he like me? But even if he does my friend likes him and is going to ask him out and so he is off limits and my friend will get mad @ me. But she doesn’t know I like him.
    help!

6. avatar anominous says:

I like a girl in my class and she likes me, but what do I do now? I’m only in fifth grade and I know were young. Students and even teachers talk about how cute we look together.

7. avatar Morgan says:

Okay, so my best friend, let’s call her “Kayla”, has a best guy friend, let’s call him “David”. At track meets, we all hang out. So between him and I, to me it feels like we have a connection. I don’t know if it’s mutual or what, but it’s definitely there for me. But Kayla and David have a special bond too, but it’s like 75 to 100 percent just-friends. She denies that she likes him, but I think she does at least a little bit. I’m not quite sure what to do, considering I like him. Any advice?