problem is that I just realized that is the week I am supposed to get my period. If
I double up on my birth control for the week, will it stop my period from coming for
at least a week? Or are there any ways to make my period wait? Please help!
I’m glad to hear that you’re on the birth control pill and are having safe sex. Obviously you’ve been reading a lot of gURL.com :). But yes, there is a way that you can delay your period if you’re already taking the pill.
Odds are you’re on the 21 day pill, which includes 21 pills and 7 placebo pills, or “sugar” pills per month. The sugar pills are taken during the one week of the month that you’re on your period. The 21 pills are taken once a day for about three weeks, and the 7 placebo pills are taken in the 4th week.
But if you’d like to delay your period, you should go straight from the third week of your cycle to the fourth without taking your sugar pills. Beginning a brand new pack of pills in your 4th week essentially fools your body into thinking that you already had your period that month. Just make sure to take the 7 placebo pills once you want to get your period again the following month.
But, be aware that skipping your period, especially if this is your first time doing so, can result in some spotting or bad cramps. Also, know that it’s not good to skip your period regularly, but if you’re doing it just this once, it won’t mess with your cycle too much.
Hope that helped, and have fun (and keep being responsible and safe!) with your boyfriend!
send in your questions for heather to firstname.lastname@example.org.
have you ever had a similar issue? talk with other gURLs below.
more ways to get gURLy:
- Pearls of wisdom, survey q’s, polls, quotes to live by — it’s all on gURL.com’s Twitter. Follow us!
- Luv gURL? Then ‘Like’ us, too! Let’s be friends on Facebook and you’ll get first looks at stories!
- Can’t get enough of gURL.com? We don’t blame you. Sign up for our weekly newsletter!
- Let’s talk. Shout Out advice, music, politics, poetry, your style and MORE!
- Your hook on hooking up: gURL’s sex, health & relationships blog.
- Need some advice, quick? Ask Heather anything; she answers three q’s, daily!
- Bored? Take new quizzes and play gURL games!