Everyone keeps telling me that my best guy friend likes me. I’ve never really paid attention before, but he always calls me pet names, uses cheesy pick up lines, tells me he loves me and jokes around about us getting married. I always thought we were just joking around until someone brought it to my attention. Now I don’t know what to think or how to react. Help?
My first question would be how well do you know the person that brought this to your attention, and how well does that person know your friend? If s/he’s best friends to the two of you, s/he might be on to something. If it’s just a friend of yours, s/he might not understand the relationship between you two. If it’s a friend of his, s/he might know something you don’t, i.e., he told him/her that he liked you.
I would strongly encourage you NOT to freak out, or act any differently around your friend, at least until you know how you feel about him. It’s entirely possible that he just likes to joke around with you in this way, but he also may be leaving the door open for a romantic interaction.
Do YOU have feelings for him? Or do you only like him as a friend? It seems like he’s happy either way, but if you want to pursue him, you’re going to have to make the move. If you’re fine being friends, try to brush off what that someone said. If he likes you, it’s up to him to tell you, and you don’t have to let rumors make you feel uncomfortable around your best friend.
Hope this helps!
more ways to get gURLy:
- Pearls of wisdom, survey q’s, polls, quotes to live by — it’s all on gURL.com’s Twitter. Follow us!
- Luv gURL? Then ‘Like’ us, too! Let’s be friends on Facebook and you’ll get first looks at stories!
- Can’t get enough of gURL.com? We don’t blame you. Sign up for our weekly newsletter!
- Let’s talk. Shout Out advice, music, politics, poetry, your style and MORE!
- Your hook on hooking up: gURL’s sex, health & relationships blog.
- Need some advice, quick? Ask Heather anything; she answers three q’s, daily!
- Bored? Take new quizzes and play gURL games!