Tegan & Sara rock. It’s pure and simple. So does their advice! And today, it’s no different.
gURL editors, including Heather, get this question all the time, but the thing is, none of us are actually gay, so we only hear from other people! So why not get the opinion of two lesbians who have done their share of soul searching (just read the lyrics of their poetic songs and you’ll get a glimpse into their beautiful brains).
I think I might be gay, how can I know for sure?
I think for most gay people you just know. For me specifically I dated boys for a long time but it wasn’t until I dated a girl that I knew that I liked girls way more than boys. I had always had crushes on my girl friends but had never thought to kiss them or date them.
As I got into my teens, my crushes got more and more intense. That’s when I knew I might be gay. I think it’s important to experiment and to talk about how you feel. Don’t put pressure on yourself to know one way or another.
-Tegan & Sara
Are you unsure about your sexual preference? Are you open to experiment? Give us your answer by leaving a comment below! Tegan and Sara will be back tomorrow with more answers to more questions! Want yours answered? Leave a question in the comments here!
more ways to get gURLy:
- Pearls of wisdom, survey q’s, polls, quotes to live by — it’s all on gURL.com’s Twitter. Follow us!
- Luv gURL? Then ‘Like’ us, too! Let’s be friends on Facebook and you’ll get first looks at stories!
- Can’t get enough of gURL.com? We don’t blame you. Sign up for our weekly newsletter!
- Let’s talk. Shout Out advice, music, politics, poetry, your style and MORE!
- Your hook on hooking up: gURL’s sex, health & relationships blog.
- Need some advice, quick? Ask Heather anything; she answers three q’s, daily!
- Bored? Take new quizzes and play gURL games!