11% (!) of people have slept with someone they met from Facebook. That sure gives new meaning to “Facebook Relationships.” We’re not going to say this is a bad idea, but it’s really, really, really important to handle online hookups in the safest way possible (uh, especially if sex is involved). [The Frisky]
And on that note, here are three red flags that you should NOT give an online acquaintance a date the time of day. [Shine]
Think you’d be happier with a boyfriend? Think again. There are tons of benefits to being single, like, um, spending your time exactly how you want to spend it. That means no ESPN when you really want to watch Glee. [Smitten]
So what do guys want in a gURL? They want someone who makes a lot of money… and who will stay home with the kids. They also want a skinny gURL with can eat as much as they can. Uh… guys? That gURL doesn’t exist. [Lemondrop]
Ever wonder who’s most “in demand” in high school? A new study shows that freshman girls who are willing to have sex and senior boys who are willing to have relationships without sex are the most socially-attractive “types.” Double…what’s the phrase? Double…oh yea, STANDARD! Eeks. [TresSugar]
Do you smoke? Please don’t. Maybe the new pictures of cancer patients on cigarette packs will deter you? [BettyConfidential]
A guy digs you, but for whatever reason, you’re jus tnot that into them. That’s cool, politely say “I’m flattered but not interested.” Well, a new study has found that men deemed as having “aggressive” pickup tactics just don’t always receive the not-interested memo as quickly as their more in-tune counterparts. Here’s how to make NO very very obvious. [CollegeCandy]
more ways to get gURLy:
- Pearls of wisdom, survey q’s, polls, quotes to live by — it’s all on gURL.com’s Twitter. Follow us!
- Luv gURL? Then ‘Like’ us, too! Let’s be friends on Facebook and you’ll get first looks at stories!
- Can’t get enough of gURL.com? We don’t blame you. Sign up for our weekly newsletter!
- Let’s talk. Shout Out advice, music, politics, poetry, your style and MORE!
- Your hook on hooking up: gURL’s sex, health & relationships blog.
- Need some advice, quick? Ask Heather anything; she answers three q’s, daily!
- Bored? Take new quizzes and play gURL games!