Hi Tegan and Sara! Thank you for your incredible music. Your song ‘The Con’ has gotten me through some really interesting moments in my life. I’m gay, too, and really appreciate what you do. Anyway, how do I tell a girl that I like her? Love, Emmie
Well, there are a lot of ways. You could ask her out, you could write her a letter, you could tell her in person. I think first you have to be sure she likes gurls and that she likes you. If you think she does, then jump in! I know a lot of people who had bad experiences in high school with asking gurls out because people were still judgmental about gay people. So just be sure that whatever you do it doesn’t cause you more grief than its worth. That being said, be brave and be who you are! You never know!
-Tegan & Sara
Have you ever asked someone out only to get burned? Have people passed judgment on you for who you’ve liked, or the gender you like? Share below!
Tegan and Sara will be back tomorrow with more answers to more questions! Want yours answered? Leave a question in the comments here!
more ways to get gURLy:
- Pearls of wisdom, survey q’s, polls, quotes to live by — it’s all on gURL.com’s Twitter. Follow us!
- Luv gURL? Then ‘Like’ us, too! Let’s be friends on Facebook and you’ll get first looks at stories!
- Can’t get enough of gURL.com? We don’t blame you. Sign up for our weekly newsletter!
- Let’s talk. Shout Out advice, music, politics, poetry, your style and MORE!
- Your hook on hooking up: gURL’s sex, health & relationships blog.
- Need some advice, quick? Ask Heather anything; she answers three q’s, daily!
- Bored? Take new quizzes and play gURL games!