my entire childhood i had a lot of friends and was really outgoing and spunky and in-your-face. but even though i had a lot of friends i never felt like i really fit in anywhere, and i never really LOVED any of my friends.
…so my mom always nags me that i should go hang out with my friends and suggests things for me to do with them, like hinting that she thinks i’m a loser and wants me to have a social life. my friend…and my brother always make fun of me for not hanging out more but truthfully i’m totally happy with the way i am! i’m not depressed and therefore choosing to like seclude myself from society…and i’m not like socially deficient-when i meet people i am really friendly and find conversations easy to start, i have no trouble in job interviews and stuff like that, i’m not the type of person who’s on the verge of tears speaking in front of class.
the only reason this upsets me is because other people make it such a problem and make me feel like a loser. i think my mom really thinks there’s something wrong with me because i’m not that social, and people always seem shocked and confused when i tell them i don’t have a boyfriend or i don’t have plans on a thursday night. jeez.
…do you think it’s OK for me to be like this if i’m totally happy?! or am i really a freak….
more ways to get gURLy:
- Pearls of wisdom, survey q’s, polls, quotes to live by — it’s all on gURL.com’s Twitter. Follow us!
- Luv gURL? Then ‘Like’ us, too! Let’s be friends on Facebook and you’ll get first looks at stories!
- Can’t get enough of gURL.com? We don’t blame you. Sign up for our weekly newsletter!
- Let’s talk. Shout Out advice, music, politics, poetry, your style and MORE!
- Your hook on hooking up: gURL’s sex, health & relationships blog.
- Need some advice, quick? Ask Heather anything; she answers three q’s, daily!
- Bored? Take new quizzes and play gURL games!