Today’s hookup confession comes from ldy_lthl24, but it isn’t about her. Rather, it’s about her friend Bri’s trials and tribulations with a guy named Gilbert. But don’t worry, there’s a happy ending!
Bri’s story (as told by ldy_lthl24) follows:
So, my best friend Bri got proposed to on Halloween! It’s actually a really cute story!
She and this guy Gilbert have been together for 5 years,They got engaged and both joined the Navy, he got sent to Bahrain and she was still in Pensacola, so they decided to take a break and the engagement was no longer.
She dated a few people in Pensacola, he also dated some people. Well, she finally came home from Pensacola for 2 weeks before she got sent to her ship near Bahrain and while she was here we had a long talk and she was almost sure that her and Gil were done for good. She was so sad.
When she finally got to Bahrain a few days after she left here, she e-mailed me and said that when she got off of her plane she was waiting for her bags when she bumped into someone. The person she bumped into was like “Can I help you with your bags?”
She turned around and to her surprise, it was Gilbert!!!
On Halloween he proposed to her in the middle of a huge Halloween party!
Aww. We at gURL send our heartiest congratulations to the happy couple.
Read the last Hookup Confession here, then comment on ldy_lthl24’s story below! Has someone asked you to be their girlfriend/wife in a really romantic way? Share your story too!
more ways to get gURLy:
- Pearls of wisdom, survey q’s, polls, quotes to live by — it’s all on gURL.com’s Twitter. Follow us!
- Luv gURL? Then ‘Like’ us, too! Let’s be friends on Facebook and you’ll get first looks at stories!
- Can’t get enough of gURL.com? We don’t blame you. Sign up for our weekly newsletter!
- Let’s talk. Shout Out advice, music, politics, poetry, your style and MORE!
- Your hook on hooking up: gURL’s sex, health & relationships blog.
- Need some advice, quick? Ask Heather anything; she answers three q’s, daily!
- Bored? Take new quizzes and play gURL games!