Whether it’s your monthly gift or monthly curse, your period is a part of you. And getting your first period is pretty exciting. Just don’t get so caught up in the excitement that you break something — like a bone. Read one gURL’s story below, and if you want your first period story shared email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A gURL reader writes:
When I had my first period, I was in 8th grade and it was during school.
No big deal right? So i just took a pad from my friend. Well the same exact night, I broke my first bone. It was right below my shoulder so I was in the ER from 7pm-12am. Because the doctors were deciding whether they had to preform surgery or not. When the nurse was asking basic questions for the medical records, she asked me “Have you started your monthly cycle yet?” and I said “Yup, suprisingly, I started today.” and then she giggled and said “What a great way to start off being a woman right?”
Has anything crazy happened to you while you were on your period? Share your stories below!
more ways to get gURLy:
- Pearls of wisdom, survey q’s, polls, quotes to live by — it’s all on gURL.com’s Twitter. Follow us!
- Luv gURL? Then ‘Like’ us, too! Let’s be friends on Facebook and you’ll get first looks at stories!
- Can’t get enough of gURL.com? We don’t blame you. Sign up for our weekly newsletter!
- Let’s talk. Shout Out advice, music, politics, poetry, your style and MORE!
- Your hook on hooking up: gURL’s sex, health & relationships blog.
- Need some advice, quick? Ask Heather anything; she answers three q’s, daily!
- Bored? Take new quizzes and play gURL games!